Facebook Ad Boost

Someone please explain this to me.

Yesterday, I posted a blog post on my business facebook page. I saw "boost post". I was bored. So I typed in some names of assiciations...Alzheimers, Parkinson's, etc. Okayed an ad to these groups. Paid $100.00 as a trial. Today, Facebook notified me that 164 people liked me. Clicked on people expecting to see 164 middle eastern young girls with belly rings and cleavage but saw photos of regular Americans.

Anyway, I do not understand any of this. I did not receive an onslaught of LTC quote requests. So, what does 164 people liking my post mean to me?

Check your analytics, did you see any referral traffic from FB? Did you get any leads at all?

I clicked through to your FB page to see the post and I looked at a few of the people who shared your post - looks like many intended to share the "One America" image you have for it being Memorial Day weekend (as they shared other patriotic images). The others seem be sharing a few posts every hour which screams some sort of automated account to me. Google "Facebook Fraud" for a gut check on what other people are experiencing as well.

With that said - the 200+ likes means nothing. Only thing that matters is traffic/leads from that "boost".

Check your analytics, did you see any referral traffic from FB? Did you get any leads at all?

I clicked through to your FB page to see the post and I looked at a few of the people who shared your post - looks like many intended to share the "One America" image you have for it being Memorial Day weekend (as they shared other patriotic images). The others seem be sharing a few posts every hour which screams some sort of automated account to me. Google "Facebook Fraud" for a gut check on what other people are experiencing as well.

With that said - the 200+ likes means nothing. Only thing that matters is traffic/leads from that "boost".

Yes, Jeff, i also realized after the fact they were just liking the One America logo cos it was Memorial Day! Too funny.

Waste of money.

I did get 4-5 leads today but I sent out a newsletter to 3000 subscribers on Thursday. Fairly certain the leads are mostly my newsletter subscribers.

Thanks Jeff.

Someone please explain this to me.

Yesterday, I posted a blog post on my business facebook page. I saw "boost post". I was bored. So I typed in some names of assiciations...Alzheimers, Parkinson's, etc. Okayed an ad to these groups. Paid $100.00 as a trial. Today, Facebook notified me that 164 people liked me. Clicked on people expecting to see 164 middle eastern young girls with belly rings and cleavage but saw photos of regular Americans.

Anyway, I do not understand any of this. I did not receive an onslaught of LTC quote requests. So, what does 164 people liking my post mean to me?

it means you wasted your money.

Latest posts

Back