Facebook Starts Paying You to Watch Their Ads

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
With PPC going down the tubes, FB is looking for a way to move away from interruptive marketing.

Facebook Now Effectively Paying Users 10 Cents to Watch Certain Ads

Very telling:

"Dan Greenberg, CEO of Sharethrough, says that Facebook’s move represents “a step away from interruptive advertising.” Greenberg, whose clients include Microsoft and Nestle, says his network won’t deliver traditional advertising, but rather branded entertainment, which consumers will want to not only watch, but share with their friends."

I'd rethink. If you jump onto Farmville and watch 100 ads per day at 10 cents an ad, it's about the same amount of money as writing an Ohio health deal.

Wow, where do I sign up to advertise on Facebook? I can't see this helping the quality of leads generated by Facebook in the slighest.

LOL, as usual when it comes to PPC you guys have no idea what you're talking about...

1. You can make a lot of money w/ insurance/finance on facebook.

2. You can make A LOT of money w/ incentivized PPV traffic. A LOT OF MONEY especially when you're only paying around .08 a click. AND, if you're receiving incentivized insurance leads, get a new vendor... Don't blame the affiliates, every merchant sets the rules... That means your lead company is allowing it, and most insurance companies (like lifequote @ 51 per lead) don't allow ANY incentivized traffic. And if you still send it, they'll shave your leads and ban you.

3. That ZD Net writer has no idea what he's talking about. Facebook SUCKS for affiliates and has for almost two years, you have to submit 50 ads at a time in order to get 1 approved... Almost all other affiliates I know (including myself prefer Plenty of Fish ads).

4. I drive one of my site's traffic through MaxBounty and I can personally guarantee they stand behind their quality. Any affiliates that start to do volume will be capped then they'll check with the advertiser to see if the quality is good.

That way they're not paying out an affiliate thousands of dollars then getting hit with a chargeback for crappy leads.

For example, one advertiser capped me at 200 leads this week then told me at 200 they'll measure quality, Maxbounty got back to me a day later saying the advertiser approves the quality continue.

Most affiliates don't get access to the private offers that actually make money so chances are if there's fraud occurring it's because of a high volume affiliate, NOT the network.

Not to mention Facebook has a hardon for ANYONE that's not a big brand, but spending big money. It's the same w/ google and microsoft adcenter. They're ban happy. They used to come to affiliate marketing events as we were the only ones willing to risk spending money on them, then they became the cat's meow and they're too high and mighty to approve any affiliates that they don't have in their pocket and spending over 100,000 a day.

I'm getting a little tired of the people here talking about affiliates bringing crappy traffic when chances are: if a full-time affiliate is... They'll get chargebacked and be SOL the next month. Then they won't have any money to continue. I give my advertisers the SAME QUALITY traffic I'd expect--and the only thing I ask is you give me the highest payouts possible in return...

END RANT

attachment.php

That amount has gone up since I took the screenshot, but I'm too lazy to take another one. lol

Attachments

• mxbounty.jpg
    mxbounty.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You may be as honest as the day is long, but that doesn't mean every lead vendor is. The fact is, there wouldn't be half as much complaining about lead vendors if there wasn't some validity to it.

Back