Free Photos and Graphics for a Website

Susan

Expert
Any clue where to get "free" photos and graphics for a website (that actually look good)?

If not FREE, then a cheep fee....

Thanks!

Search "stock photos" and you'll see a ton of choices.

I have spent hours with this search term... They say FREE, then you have to "subscribe" to the site which cost $$$ to get the FREE photos. :skeptical:

Was looking for a suggestion to a site someone has gone to and gotten photos really FREE.

Thanks!

Last edited:
iStockphoto.com has some way cheap photos that are good quality and plenty to choose from. Not free, but a great value.

iStockphoto.com has some way cheap photos that are good quality and plenty to choose from. Not free, but a great value.

Agreed! The quality is very good with iStockphoto and they have a picture, video, sound, etc. for just about anything you could need.

The annoying part about finding truly free stock photos is the quality is going to be subpar if you do find any that are free. Additionally, you might find some free photos with a Creative Commons license, but you'll have to give credit back to the photographer which IMO would make your site look cheap.

Agreed! The quality is very good with iStockphoto and they have a picture, video, sound, etc. for just about anything you could need.

The annoying part about finding truly free stock photos is the quality is going to be subpar if you do find any that are free. Additionally, you might find some free photos with a Creative Commons license, but you'll have to give credit back to the photographer which IMO would make your site look cheap.

I think iStockphoto is a nice blend of price/quality. There is a pretty big property development project out here (Destiny USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and they used a bunch of their photos in their marketing materials. I think that with as much money as they have they could have ponied up a few extra bucks, but unless someone has spent time looking through iStockphoto they'd never know any better.

Back