Google+ Showing in Google Search

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
How do you get Google+ pages to show up in a Google search? I have noticed an agent that has his posts showing on pg 1 of Google when searching for specific keywords. This same agent shows up in several searches and he is the only one I have discovered that gets on Google searches.

His site will also rank, but his Google+ pages are showing for some search terms when his site doesn't and in some cases, higher than his site page.

The G+ page has a brief description and a link to his site that includes the words "SEO optimized title".

Are you referring to the author's picture next to an article or the actual G+ page. Care to share the keywords and I'll take a look.

Nope. The agents Google+ page

If you are a Medicare member, I am sure you are well aware that Medicare Supplement (Medigap) rates change periodically. Feel free to compare rates in all states here: http://www.agent.com/medicare-supplement/

2012 Medicare Supplement Rates & PlansYour SEO optimized title »
Compare all Medicare Supplement rates & plans quickly and easily. Mutual of Omaha, Anthem Blue Cross, Gerber Life, and many others. Medicare Supplement Plan f.

It occurs to me his page is only showing up in my searches since he is in my "circle", but that is just a wag

UPDATE
Another search for an attorney turned up this page, but he isn't in my circle, so that isn't the reason why.

https://plus.google.com/106870484510274004025/posts

Last edited:
I'm only viewing from my cell phone so I don't have any analysis tools but it looks like they are just optimizing their profile pages and building links to them just like any other web page. Its actually pretty smart to use this on a G+ profile.

The SEO term is "social profile". The tactic is to take high domain authority sites like G+, Youtube, or any other trusted social domain and create a profile. Some sites like G+ allow you to add whatever dofollow links you want to the profile. Check the G+ profile its all links with exact anchors.

Then they build links to the profile page and you theoretically have a page you control on a high authority domain. It is a moderately effective tactic.

The reason you see these pages show up in search terms is that while they are building links to these pages they use anchor text. Just like all links and pages they can rank and pass authority.

Just in case you don't know Google modifies serp/youtube results when you are logged into gmail. Thats why the person in your circle is showing up in a lot of the keywords your searching. Google associates the terms you are researching with someone you know. If you were really trying to buy "cheap medicare supplements", an agent you know would be a relevant search result.

If you are doing keyword research I would suggest using the Google chrome incognito feature.

Last edited:
You bring up an interesting point and one many people are not really aware of.

Just about every search you do on Google is customized to your search preferences to some degree. Technically this means that everybody who searches gets "custom results".

Over the years I have had to tell clients this, because they'd often do searches for their site, click on their site listing and then slowly, over time, see their site listing in search results "rise".

It wasn't because their website was ranking any better -- it was because whenever they did a search for their website, they'd click on their site's listing -- and Google would give them custom search results.

Mike Merten

Last edited:
Citation building= Ranking higher on Google. Time consuming but worth it!! A lot of citations allow you to add your Google+ link as well as your Website link. This allows link building, which in result gets you ranking higher. This agent could be using the same description (with keywords he wants to rank for included in the description) in their citations as well, to keep things consistent.

----------

I totally agree with Google customizing your search preferences! To get better results in your searches make sure your delete your browsing data like the Cache, cookies etc.

Another suggestion is to browse in Incognito mode, Which is to browse in private. Chrome for example you can go to the "menu" on the browser toolbar + Select "New Incognito Window", a new window will open with the incognito icon in the corner.

To read up on more about this just Google "Incognito Mode" :)

The Google + page only shows up in the maps section or known as the a-g red ballons. Should be 7 positions available on the page 1 for this section - it coincides with the map.

Easiest place to rank by far on search engines. This ranking is based of a verified google + listing. You typically have to go through the pinning process in which you get a post card in the mail from google with a code which confirms your phsyical location. once you get your red pin on the map you wil start seeing some rankings just from that.

Citations is a great way to increase your rankings. sites like Yelp, merchant circle, even mapquest are considered trust links and impact your rankings. Be sure to get your nap corret tho. NAP stands for name address phone periods in the same place same spelling same number for all profiles on the citation sites or the algo's will consider it different companies. Everything has to match all across the board.

include videos and link social profiles together to the Google + page. Once you get everything linked simple monthly posts will continue to build relevancy.

Over time the website you connect to your google + and the citation sites will have the potential to show up organically in search results - mostly based on how competitive your area is min of 30 days tho.

If you search for a keyword in your area and only 2 or 3 guys come up creating a basic google + profile and verifying it will get you on the front page easy. If there is already 7 there in the a-g it will take a little time.

Last edited:
Back