Google Site Killer

Your at the point now, where u need to stop flushing money down the drain on SEO for your main money site. You would be better served by investing into a new premium authority website and invest money into getting that ranked.

I know this is my first post here, but this is really awful advice for this particular situation.

As it stands after the latest round of updates (last 2 years) SEO is about as dead as it will ever be in the traditional sense. Once the link pyramids fell in the last update, that was the final straw for "investing money in SEO". Content farms, web 2.0 links, all have disappeared for the most part.

This essentially means the act of buying, or building an artificial link profile has all but been abolished.

If you're not willing to go blackhat (which I would never suggest) the upside to investing in SEO is very, very small. While many will point to great content, even that is going by the wayside as Google looks to improve quality based on other outside factors.

The future is in authorship & social signals, more specifically G+.

I could go on and on, but that would just be a lot of info.

Bottom line. Save your money. Write 1 article a week and focus on things you can easily control, like your conversion rate to lead and quality of content.

Thank you, YGMM...And just out of curiosity, who would you propose write the content for a brand new premium authority website?

There are good writers out there, I found a guy from Canada who was a sports writer and wrote also for Norvax, from Freelancer, so you can find some nuggets here and there on the freelance sites, or usually an SEO person who knows their trade will know where to go to get a qualified writer.

WebEm, started a decline under Panda then dropped off the earth last spring. Thinking of starting fresh with a pure lead gen site. Fewer pages, less content, just "You wanna quote? Click here"

Thinking of starting fresh with a pure lead gen site. Fewer pages, less content, just "You wanna quote? Click here"

Isnt Google making content more and more important?

Im with you on the simple & straightforward aspect. But you have to be seen somehow. How would you do that without quality content?

Isnt Google making content more and more important?

Content has always been important, however Google understands that creating content is far too easy, and ripping off content and spinning it is even easier than that.

Therefore, you're better off "building" authority, which you can do with a good G+ profile AND writing good content.

Content has always been important, however Google understands that creating content is far too easy, and ripping off content and spinning it is even easier than that.

Therefore, you're better off "building" authority, which you can do with a good G+ profile AND writing good content.

Has google started to crack down on the G+ blackhat schemes? (like paying for ratings/reviews/+1s/etc.?)

I read somewhere that they are now really focusing on that. But then I also read that people are having good success with paying for +1s...

Has google started to crack down on the G+ blackhat schemes? (like paying for ratings/reviews/+1s/etc.?)

I read somewhere that they are now really focusing on that. But then I also read that people are having good success with paying for +1s...

That's a fantastic question.

G+: Google will always try to crack down on forms of manipulation. They did/do this with spammy link profiles, and will continue to look at ways to detect unnatural growth. There are internal key indicators that will trigger with heavy growth, but you can almost always maintain a natural-looking growth with the right strategies.

Blackhat: BH tricks have always been cutting-edge, and much like any type of fraud in this world, stay one step ahead of the "law" at all times. There are guys out there gaming the SERPS pretty hard and as long as they're willing to buy aged domains on the drop, build a huge link pyramid with automated software and a large supply of anonymous proxy IP's - they will. It's not hard to rationalize the BH side of things when you know that each website will have around 6 weeks until it's discovered and banned and the total cost/effort per site is about $100 (software/IP's amortized, of course) and 3 weeks of mostly-automated work.

If you care at all about branding, and don't want to be running a constant stream of disposable websites, I'd recommend staying away from BH tactics.

I know this is my first post here, but this is really awful advice for this particular situation.

As it stands after the latest round of updates (last 2 years) SEO is about as dead as it will ever be in the traditional sense. Once the link pyramids fell in the last update, that was the final straw for "investing money in SEO". Content farms, web 2.0 links, all have disappeared for the most part.

This essentially means the act of buying, or building an artificial link profile has all but been abolished.

If you're not willing to go blackhat (which I would never suggest) the upside to investing in SEO is very, very small. While many will point to great content, even that is going by the wayside as Google looks to improve quality based on other outside factors.

Bottom line. Save your money. Write 1 article a week and focus on things you can easily control, like your conversion rate to lead and quality of content.

Going "blackhat" as you say is pointless now in the insurance niches (health/medicare/life/auto) IE.....link spam.......since the last updates, it is impossible to spam your way to the top of the search engines anymore for insurance kws.

However, your advice about of investing into SEO being a waste of time, is erroneous.

If you have the budget and want to rank for life/medicare kw's, you need to start with an authority domain (a domain with good solid links) and repurpose it, same for the backlinks, need to buy good clean domains with solid links, which is not cheap at all and can get quite expensive if your on your own, and not splitting the cost between other people, or don't have multiple sites you need to rank, or are going after too small of a niche to make it cost effective.

Gone are the days of $1.00 blog posts, and tiering them up with crap links for most of the finance niches sadly.

I responded earlier to the BH comments. That's unfortunate it either wasn't approved, or hasn't showed up.

At any rate, if there are post filters on every post and I can't freely share what I know it's not worth my time to post here. Just trying to help out.

I actually did not think YGMM's advice was awful. I really appreciated the advice.

On my main site, I would love some help on enhancing my Google + authority. I did lose my picture from showing up in the Google SERPs and sure wish someone could get my picture back so my organic CTR can improve.

----------

There are good writers out there, I found a guy from Canada who was a sports writer and wrote also for Norvax, from Freelancer, so you can find some nuggets here and there on the freelance sites, or usually an SEO person who knows their trade will know where to go to get a qualified writer.

I have written every word of content on my site. Every phone call that comes into my office is someone that verbally states to me that they are impressed with the content I have written.

So, my question is if I start a new site yet I do not write the content, will it ever convert? Will anyone ever call me?
I think I would probably have to write the content to make my site stand out from the generic stuff on the web, wouldn't I.

It is this piece of the puzzle that concerns me---I really just don't have the energy or the time to commit to writing entirely new content on a new site.

Back