Google Site Killer

I think backlinks from quality sites are still a huge factor for ranking. But traditional backlink building is dead. I never really engaged in link building, allowing my backlink profile to be built for me, by any low quality website choosing to link to me, which I think has been hurting me recently. Eastern Europeans seem to love my website about US insurance companies.

Everything I have been reading is saying to stay away from ezine/web2.0/etc. Directories that have no relevance to your site subject seem to be frowned upon by google now.

And if you listen to what google says, they are looking at metrics that show human interest/interaction.

A directory that is only visited by webmasters has no human/consumer value. So it makes sense that they now count off for it (or dont count it like they used to).... or whatever they do with it now... lol

Google isnt stupid and they are getting smarter. Directories like map quest provide more relevance in googles eyes then any of those directories "any old website" that will link you.

again after december its more content and review driven that determines ranking. I have seen business facebook pages receive front page better rankings then people spending hours up hours trying to spam info or have like 100 page websites.

Back