Has Anyone Built a Facebook Page for Their Business?

Visit mine, it's roughly 30 days old: (FB).com / acceptancepc (can't post URL in first 10 posts and I'm a newbie on the forum!)

I haven't had time to put a traditional site up yet, I just know how to rank FB pages very well on Google ;). After 30 days we are back and forth on the first page for a few good local phrases, kicking the butts of other local agents that have been online for years.

There are a few very specific things you need to do so your FB page is ranked locally. They have nothing to do with getting likes or back links or anything else mentioned in this thread. Like my page and send me a FB message with yours so that we might compare notes!

We recently added an "Ask your agent" app that has created a lot of great content and lead generating activity giving us 6 quotes already.

The good thing about using parasite properties such as Facebook, is that you can be very aggressive with your linkbuilding, much more so than you could get away with on your own registered domain.

A few of the different things we're doing that I haven't seen are a) Ask Your Agent which is a forum on our Facebook page which links questions to the FB users who ask them (and posts FB feed stories + subscribes them for updates)

This positions us as an authority. I don't use FB to sell directly, FB is not a B2C environment. Add value without selling and see where it gets you.

Another way we're using FB to add value is with our Dealership and local business partners featured on our Partner Page.

Since I'm still too new to post links here, you'll have to cipher them and maybe someone can reply with the hyperlinks intact to save everyone else the trouble. The only issue is that these 2 custom apps are not available on Mobile...

According to FB Analytics the Ask Your Agent board has gotten 892 hits with only under 100 fans and is creating content + adding value.

None of the above have to do with organic listings. That comes down to how you choose your url permalink, your address and phone number meshing with YP listings and other public listings, google places page matching and verified, your category and sub-category and the title of the page including keywords (Acceptance - Phenix City Auto Insurance instead of just Acceptance)

You would be surprised how much of a difference it makes in the FB Search results as well.

Right now you can find this FB Page under a few phrases like phenix city auto insurance (I believe pg2) and acceptance phenix city should pull the google places page with a link to our fb page. I have a list of a few others at the office but we're using it more to strengthen the relationship we have with current customers who may not always pay their premiums, etc. (non-standard)

Links:

Dealer Partner Page (ww/w.)meetscot.com/partners
Ask Your Agent Page (ww/w.)meetscot.com/ask
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(I also have to note my entire strategy revolves around local, organic results are different when you are searching from the city we're in as you know :D)

Last edited:
Looks like this thread hasn't been active for awhile. I haven't tried to use Facebook too much for business promotion so I have no personal strategies to relate. However, here is what happened to a friend, Ed who wasn't really trying.

Ed sells financial products, primarily annuities and was making a half way decent living for a 36 year old. He was on his Facebook page one day, just messing around with personal and family stuff and he mentioned that he was selling annuities. An 'old' (maybe 35 years old) friend from his high school saw Ed's post and wrote back to him that he remembered the good times they had in high school and by the way, was interested in an annuity.

Ed hooked up with the guy, one thing led to another and Ed sold him the annuity. As it turns out, the guy was very well networked in the high net-worth arena in the same State and referred Ed to his network of friends. Since then Ed's business has flourished. I make him pay for the first and last drink...

I suppose that you never know unless you get involved in things like Facebook and LinkedIn, etc. The guy remembered Ed, trusted him and referred him. Not bad for a guy who wasn't even trying !

I built one for my site but barely use it.

Make sure people know what you do for a living. You never know what might develop and where it might lead. People who like and trust you...will refer you, if they are constantly reminded of what you do.

Work your site just a little bit...five minutes a day...and it may lead you somewhere.

Back