How Can I Get More Traffic to My Website?

Imt125, the people that I see having the most success are taking advantage of "social content marketing" which isn't as complicated as it sounds. The idea is to actively share your ideas and expertise across the social web (thru blogging, videos, webinars, etc.) and let people follow that content back to your website.

Ah, another "buzz word". I guess it works since so many people are repeating it.

Lets see. In the past few years we've had "long tail,' 'drip marketing' and now 'social content marketing.'

The people I know who are successful in business are those who practice what I call "old-school marketing." They call on prospects... directly using two rather old pieces of technology... the telephone and shoe-leather.

I guess my young friends believe people will be happy to call you and give you their money based on your tweets. The only people I know who are making any money with that strategy are those who are charging big dollars to explain it!

YMMV.

Al
499WordPressDesign.com

al3 said:
Ah, another "buzz word". I guess it works since so many people are repeating it.

Lets see. In the past few years we've had "long tail,' 'drip marketing' and now 'social content marketing.'

The people I know who are successful in business are those who practice what I call "old-school marketing." They call on prospects... directly using two rather old pieces of technology... the telephone and shoe-leather.

I guess my young friends believe people will be happy to call you and give you their money based on your tweets. The only people I know who are making any money with that strategy are those who are charging big dollars to explain it!

YMMV.

Al
499WordPressDesign.com

I agree Al but I think it's good to have an online presence. And of course I do "social content" butnothing compares to the phone.

I agree Al but I think it's good to have an online presence. And of course I do "social content" butnothing compares to the phone.

If you're utilizing social media like Facebook, Linked In, and Google+, you may want to have links to them on your website and vice versa. I noticed that you have a "Like" button for Facebook on your site, but no link to your actual Facebook business page. If you're active with social media, blogging, etc., you can definitely use those platforms to drive traffic to your website, but you have to make it easy for people to get from one to the other.

I'm assuming you are friends with dinosaurs. A lot more people call places online and are happy to throw down cash than you can call or walk to. Guarantee it.

I think its funny you don't think online or social marketing works when in every post you make, you link to your website. And you run a website "design" firm that doesnt believe in SEO.

BTW: You do know you can create an automatic signature right?

Also I'm curious all these successful people that only use their feet and their phones, are they all over 50 with retirement no place in sight. Not because of the money but because they don't have a system that can operate without them?

You should try snake oil sometime, it does wonders for your skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I updated my website a bit on the home page after you click the language. I have it setup like that because I do live in Miami and want to cater to both.

Those WiX ads are a nuisance. Do you have to have that in there? Did you decide not to spell out Insurance (instead of Ins.) ???
Do you have a blog?

I would scrap this site and pay someone to do a Word Press site for you.

Are you providing useful info like a blog or articles to engage people on your website?

Internet Marketing is simple, but you definitely have to put in a lot of effort

Do you maintain it or pay someone to do so? SEO is something anybody can do with a little training and would suggest you take several online live classes. Slow and steady over time with key words, content, building links will get you the results you want... quick black hat will only hurt you with Google's Panda and Penguin Algorithms. SEO is very interesting and you may just get mesmerized... you can do it!

Cory said:
Do you maintain it or pay someone to do so? SEO is something anybody can do with a little training and would suggest you take several online live classes. Slow and steady over time with key words, content, building links will get you the results you want... quick black hat will only hurt you with Google's Panda and Penguin Algorithms. SEO is very interesting and you may just get mesmerized... you can do it!

Thanks for the tips. I do it myself and I've heard about the black hat seo prefer white hat might take longer but better results in the long run.

Back