How Can I Get More Traffic to My Website?

lmt125

Expert
Florida
Hello,

I've had my website up and running for about a year but I need to get more traffic. Right it's basically non existent. I've tried facebook and google ads. Have a facebook page. Linked In. Google Places. Don't know what to do!! I have a sign up form on the first page after they select language.

Any suggestions? I've already done where I post my info on a whole bunch of sites like Yahoo! Yelp, YP, etc.

Thanks...

you can buy traffic in usually one of two ways: Google or YAHOO/MSN Paid Traffic or SEO (link building and website optimization)

Hello,

I've had my website up and running for about a year but I need to get more traffic. Right it's basically non existent. I've tried facebook and google ads. Have a facebook page. Linked In. Google Places. Don't know what to do!! I have a sign up form on the first page after they select language.

What's your website address? Do you receive any type-in traffic? Is your domain name and website keyword rich? What are you doing to actively market your website?

The website is malmins.com I'm not getting any traffic that I know if since no one has filled out the form. The only marketing I do is through Facebook LinkedIn and my email signature. I've tried Google adwords but nothing as far as filing out the form.

You'll get a nice bump of traffic now that we know your web address. That tab at the bottom of the page is super annoying.
I would spell out Insurance instead of having it abbreviated (Ins.) The letters "INS" might mean something else to many of the good folks in South Florida!
Site definitely needs content!
What does MALM stand for?

Last edited:
The website is malmins.com I'm not getting any traffic that I know if since no one has filled out the form. The only marketing I do is through Facebook LinkedIn and my email signature. I've tried Google adwords but nothing as far as filing out the form.

Are you monitoring your traffic? Although you may not be getting form submissions, you could possibly be getting some traffic, but are experiencing a high bounce rate.

You'll also need a more inviting website. Plus, your domain name doesn't imply what exactly what the website that follows relates to. Yes, you use "ins", but it's shadowed by the leading acronym.

With the way your website is set up, I wouldn't spend any money on Google Adwords, because that'll just be money down the drain. Your site definitely needs more quality content. Think about who your target audience is, and add content that would be of value to them. Also, utilize call to actions. You can't just expect someone to stumble upon your site and then immediately want to give you their contact information. You have to give them a reason to want to talk to you, and right now your website isn't doing that. The way your site is designed, it's going to be more of a cute brochure than an effective way of generating new business. Also, traffic doesn't equal leads. If you're going to spend your time and/or money trying to get more traffic to your site, you'll want to make sure you have effective lead capture tools on your site, otherwise it's all just a waste. Are you doing anything offline to promote your website?

You should also consider that if you are advertising in english on google adwords, why not send people directly to the English opt in page, instead of making someone take an extra step and select a language, when you know they already responded to an ad in english.

Imt125, the people that I see having the most success are taking advantage of "social content marketing" which isn't as complicated as it sounds. The idea is to actively share your ideas and expertise across the social web (thru blogging, videos, webinars, etc.) and let people follow that content back to your website.

Back