How to Get Listed As Number 1 on Google Places

superiorinsurance

Hey everyone, I am new to this message board, but I wanted to bounce some ideas from some other professionals.

A little background, we are an independent agency here in Gastonia, NC. We come up as one of the first 3 results for keywords such as "Gastonia Car Insurance" and etc etc, but there are some pages I would like to be higher. On some of these, we only list as Google Places, but was curious if anyone had any ideas on how to get ahead of the competition on Google Places? We have reviews and such vs no reviews for the higher results, so what would you reccommend?

I am actually in charge of the cyber division so I am trying to bring more traffic into the site. I would post the domain to have people check it out, but being that I am new, don't want anyone to think I am a spammer :err:

Thanks!!

Jon Beard
Superior Insurance

There is nothing more you can do today, than back linking & deep linking; along with social networking. Link up with me. Page Rank and more, does not mean a whole lot today on Google (my perspective).

For instance, I just gave birth to my site. My rank is -1 (which means new) without Google verification yet (still coming in the mail) - just got Bing today), but I already have 120 hits 14 pages indexed. I have 5 solid high pr back links, and am working on deep linking this week plus blogs. I have yet to even get to working on my Google plus.

Send me your company name. I will take a look at it, and see where you are.

And, because you are p & c (I'm life), perhaps we can do some swapping.:goofy: Just a crazy thought!

One of the biggest ranking factors for local SEO and Google Places specifically is the number of high quality local citations your business has. The more instances of your company name, address and phone number that can be found across the web, the better you will do.

Citations are to local SEO what inbound links are to organic SEO. You need to get good ones from good information sources. That means go out and claim all of your local business profiles on sites like Yelp, yellow pages websites, etc. Make sure to be consistent in the way you list your address and phone number so they match exactly what is listed on your website.

When google finds that there are several other businesses that are "vouching" for the location details you have provided on your website - they feel stronger about the local relevancy and in turn rank you higher in local search results.

Although saying that a good SEO campaign is simplistic, it does boil down to development focus. However, unless you plan to leave the insurance business and enter the SEO business, you may wish to find a reliable company or freelancer who can work with you long term to meet your goals.

For citations start at getlisted.org, from there it would be advisable to create an easy link to let your customers write positive reviews about your company on local citation sources, Yelp for example. Reviews are like the link juice of local search.

Also and for some reason everyone skips over this, make your google places account as active as possible. I know its a ghost town over there but facebook does not allow access to its data by google, so in an effort to make their search engine more "social" they now put heavy focus on google places

Back