How to Increase Organic Traffic on an Insurance Site?

My blog got hit hard by google for a link wheel an seo company created for me. Be careful there. Link wheels are clearly against google's linking guidelines. My advice is don't create backlinks to your main site if you want to be safe.

Natural backlinks are fine for Google. It's when people spam their links all across websites that they raise a red flag, or when you go from 50 links to 10,000 in just a short period of time. Now if your local online newspaper gives you a link and you get some good traffic from it, that's a different story.

Is it better to start with local optimization, then grow nationally? Does it even matter?; i.e. if I start with local optimization and utilize directories, etc....google places with verification, maybe a link from chamber of commerce my hope is I will come up in local searches. Would that impact any national optimization if, over time my content is rich?

Is it better to start with local optimization, then grow nationally? Does it even matter?; i.e. if I start with local optimization and utilize directories, etc....google places with verification, maybe a link from chamber of commerce my hope is I will come up in local searches. Would that impact any national optimization if, over time my content is rich?

Just grow nationally.

What was your strategy? Links, original content, guest blogging, etc?? Were you able to get any major media outlets to write a story? Thx.

Hi,

Just like this forum for agents, go to where customers will be and be active on forum for customers. Then link back to ur site after providing valuable content.

Thanks,

One tool I've stumbled upon recently for getting backlinks is LinkedIn's InMails, where you can write to almost anyone on LinkedIn.

It's a paid service, so you're likely to get great results contacting site owners / webmasters this way, since site owners aren't likely to receive SPAM from InMails. So either:

1. Spy on your competitors to see what backlinks they have and contact the owner/webmaster via InMail and see if you can get a link too.
2. Or just remove the spying from idea #1 and just find sites whose visitors would benefit by having a link to your site and contact the owner via InMail.

Back