How to Increase Organic Traffic on an Insurance Site?

You can create a blog, newsletter, give out business cards and many other ways to drive good traffic to your website.

You can create a blog, newsletter, give out business cards and many other ways to drive good traffic to your website.

that's not organic traffic. Organic traffic is where someone types a search term into a search engine and clicks on your site from the search non sponsored ad results.

Go after long tail searches, use services like word tracker and google keyword tool, also use google webmaster tools, to see which keywords your site comes up for, and strengthen your on page SEO, and build some solid backlinks to get a high ranking.

Hillary,
Check out the first thread in the Insurance Websites category. Sam posted some great content on the first page there. The only thing I would add is that it's very difficult to rank on the first page of google when your site is new and you don't have much content on it, so I would try to stick to the "long tailed" search terms. For example, if you go after the keyword "term life insurance", don't expect to rank in the top 10 pages of a google search for a long time. But maybe you could rank for "30 year term life insurance quotes, male, age 60, in good health". Every search is unique and people write stuff like that. You don't know exactly what they'll search for, so I think the best thing to do is just write about your clients you're working with or clients you've helped insure. Talk about their needs, wants, any medical condition they had, the product they wanted and from which company, etc. etc. Next time someone searches for "Genworth 20 year colony term UL with history of stroke", maybe that will match up perfectly with an article you wrote, and your site will show up on the first page. After a year or two of developing backlinks and some site age, you might go after a few competitive keywords.

The only thing I would add is that it's very difficult to rank on the first page of google when your site is new and you don't have much content on it,

no it's not.......two years ago when I threw together my life site was on page one for texas life insurance in about 4 to 5 months.......

write articles and press releases, that type of link building strategy wasn't mentioned yet

Back