How Long Should It Take To Make Changes On Your Website ?

Another thing you might check on is who owns your domain name. Sometimes these vendors register the domain in their name and you pay for it, but they own it and might use it for leverage if you wanted to leave. That should be spelled out in your contract.

Good point. I was told I own it. I do have to pay for it $25 bucks through them though. That way they give me the e-mail addresses with the domain name.

I don't think I have anything in writing in a contract though.

Own your own website. That includes:
1. Domain
2. Design/Source Code
3. Admin level log-in info
4. Hosting

Learn the basics of making basic changes. If you can type a word document or post on this forum, you can learn to change a headline or other wording on the website.

Even when you outsource, you need to know the basics. If you dont know the basics of something, its very easy to get screwed over.

Depends on who you use and what the conditional logic if any are in that quote form. I like gravity forms - don't need a designer for that. Logo work via 99designs will take weeks to complete, as will a professional designer with edits will take 2-3 weeks imo.
If you're just using a fiverr guy, maybe he's got all the free time to focus on it, never can be sure with the quality of that website sometimes...

Anyone hiring a designer should always build edit time into the process TAT - and get confirmation about the proposed timeline.

Theoretically could you get it back in 1 week? Sure -
Just depends how large of an agency you're dealing with, the complexity of the project, and the TAT proposed.
If you're going to need constant changes for updates, new plugins, content updates, etc. Find someone on upwork you can trust and use once in a while - or learn the ins and outs of WordPress...

Latest posts

Back