How Social Media Helps Insurance Agents Make More Sales

Ask for referrals faster. Ask your new/existing clients to post on Facebook while they are excited about all the money you saved them, Provide a kick back to them if legal in your state for doing so, and have them do it in your office:

I just left Allstatus and saved $500 with my new agent _______. He can be reached at ______! If you are with State Frame give him a call.

Who their new agent is with Contact info
The Captive carrier they left and
how much you saved them

The Average person on FB has 130 friends. You are welcome!

Our Facebook page gets better engagement than others in our area. You can measure engagement (shares, comments, likes) against other pages under Insights (top menu).

What works the best is very simple - people like photos of you, they like photos of themselves, and they like photos of nature. So anytime you go to an event, make sure to upload some photos of you at your booth or just candidly. Take pictures of yourself with customers, with their permission of course, and send them a link to tag themselves. I also snap photos around town of flowers or at parks and upload one or two a week. I make sure to put our agency name at the bottom of the photos. We get real high engagement with these.

Sometimes photos of animals can work, but sometimes they fail miserably. I think they compete a lot from friends/family.

Our Facebook page gets better engagement than others in our area. You can measure engagement (shares, comments, likes) against other pages under Insights (top menu).

What works the best is very simple - people like photos of you, they like photos of themselves, and they like photos of nature. So anytime you go to an event, make sure to upload some photos of you at your booth or just candidly. Take pictures of yourself with customers, with their permission of course, and send them a link to tag themselves. I also snap photos around town of flowers or at parks and upload one or two a week. I make sure to put our agency name at the bottom of the photos. We get real high engagement with these.

Sometimes photos of animals can work, but sometimes they fail miserably. I think they compete a lot from friends/family.

Just getting back to this... There are some good strategies here. All of these ideas are good examples of using social media to go "off topic". It's a great way to engage with your customers and prospects on things that you have in common besides insurance.

There's actually quite a bit of science to this. Psychologists call it "similarity" and have done research showing that we naturally like people who we feel are similar to us (duh!). Some ways to 'tickle' this are to show common location (such as pictures of nature in your hometown, mentioned above), common life (such as pictures showing you be 'regular people'), and common interest ('you have kids too!'). It's hard to get into this stuff on your normal website pages, but easy with blogs and social media.

Some more reading:

What attributes of similarity bring strangers closer? - Quora

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3045302452.html

Trivial similarities translate into greater sales, but also greater risk

Aaron

Back