I Added PPC Program to My Insurance Directory

Mike S

Expert
I run an insurance directory and several months back added an affiliate program from Quin Street that promotes companies like Allstate, Geico and others. This program works better than Google because it is targeted to the insurance industry.

You can view how the program works by going to our main directory page and entering your zip code in the banner at the top of the page, calcruising.com/carinsurance.html . Once you enter you zip code you will see a page with insurance companies offering coverage in your area. Click on any of the companies to see what they are currently offering in discounts.

I would recommend adding this program to your site as an additional source of monthly revenue.

Way to many of these types of things coming out....
How much traffic does this give ME? Why do I care about this?

I guess my real question is, as an insurance agent, what is the value proposition of this to me? I don't want to send business off of my site. What am I missing?

Dan

The program is free. It works better for our site than Google Adsense because it pays more per click. Since I signed up for it in January we average about $2K a month in revenue. We had one month where we reached $3k (April).

They target auto, life, health and property. I made a banner for each section of our directory and placed it at the top of the page. You can contact them directly if you like. When you enter the zip code and land on the insurance page you will see a link at the bottom of the page to their site. It's a good program for us.

Back