I Gotz Click Bombed!

It's easier to make more websites that are constantly making money if you have some cash to keep it rolling.

Using my site for hours, and not clicking on an ad to get a quote, does not make me money. Spending 30 seconds on my site, finding the answer (or not finding it) for your specific insurance question, then clicking an ad for a quote, does make me money.

I guess you were being sarcastic, lol, the average visitor to one of my auto insurance sites will spend at least two minutes on the site.

Do you create compelling websites, or are you a SEO rock star promoting sites adding no more value than an affiliate link? What's the addy for one of the websites you have sold? I'd like to see an example of a compelling website.

the content is pretty good, I have a great writer, and sometimes I will write an article , myself here and there. so there isn't any gibberish content.

sorry can't share the website URLs. here are some examples of lead generation sites I recommend that you try to model yourself after:

Low Cost Auto Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Quotes - A Must for Every Car Owner
Medigap Insurance

It's nice to know about your modest accomplishments. I'm sure I can learn things from you.

thanks, I'm sure we all could learn something from each other. I'm not a seo guru-- as in someone who claims to have unique or new information about how to rank a website, I can just tell you what works-

Selling a web site for 30k is pretty good, but keeping a website making 30k a year is better, in my opinion.

I might of agreed with you there in the past, but over the last 12 months, Google has been absolutely brutal, and it's no longer an effective method, I sold my websites after two months of verifiable income. remember penguin took out a lot of high quality white hat websites too.

I guess you were being sarcastic, lol, the average visitor to one of my auto insurance sites will spend at least two minutes on the site.

the content is pretty good, I have a great writer, and sometimes I will write an article , myself here and there. so there isn't any gibberish content.

sorry can't share the website URLs. here are some examples of lead generation sites I recommend that you try to model yourself after:

Low Cost Auto Insurance Quotes
Car Insurance Quotes - A Must for Every Car Owner
Medigap Insurance

thanks, I'm sure we all could learn something from each other. I'm not a seo guru-- as in someone who claims to have unique or new information about how to rank a website, I can just tell you what works-

I might of agreed with you there in the past, but over the last 12 months, Google has been absolutely brutal, and it's no longer an effective method, I sold my websites after two months of verifiable income. remember penguin took out a lot of high quality white hat websites too.

Thanks again for your perspective. I don't position my site as a lead generation site offering insurance quotes. The two auto insurance sites you list look good, but they are the same as dozens (if not hundreds!) of auto insurance lead generation sites. There is too much competition for me to compete successfully as a site offering auto insurance quotes. Is there really room for another site offering quotes to save hundreds of dollars?

The purpose of my site is to give people information to help them choose an insurance company, an agent, coverage, and save money. I wasn't being sarcastic -- some of my visitors spend hours on my site. This is different than a site designed solely to attract people looking for auto insurance quotes, where two minutes on the site would be normal, and conversions would be high. I'm trying to create a unique site with useful content, as a long term strategy. As traffic grows, income will grow, even with lower conversion rates than a lead generation site.

Before my Adsense issue, my traffic has been up and down in the last few months due to Google search updates, too.

Is your strategy now to build sites, monetize them, and sell them after a few months? I'm unclear if you sold a couple of sites for 30k total, or 30k each. Either way, it seems a profitable approach, but is it sustainable? You're selling them, because you know the traffic and income won't last. Won't buyers catch on quickly? Or did you just sell the sites you had, and now you are on to something else?

With the Penguin updates, I though the old link building strategies are penalized. Are they still working for new sites, but only short term?

Thanks again for your perspective. I don't position my site as a lead generation site offering insurance quotes. The two auto insurance sites you list look good, but they are the same as dozens (if not hundreds!) of auto insurance lead generation sites.

Well the way I think about it is, they must be doing something right. You know there is a reason webmasters build auto insurance rate quotes sites with a certain look and functionality. It's what converts.

There is too much competition for me to compete successfully as a site offering auto insurance quotes. Is there really room for another site offering quotes to save hundreds of dollars?

Of course there is. For the term "car insurance quotes" on page 2 about five of the results are churn and burn quote sites. Remember it's all about ROI at the end of the day. So it's definitely worth it to rank for these insanely competitive terms, otherwise you wouldn't have webmasters going for them, in fact trying to rank multiple sites at the same time for the same keywords, to suck up more Google real estate.

If you prefer stay out of the limelight, there are hundreds if not thousands of search terms with good volume, that are not being targeted by most marketers. So you can go that route as well, if you want to rely more on content versus link building, it just takes longer to make money.

Is your strategy now to build sites, monetize them, and sell them after a few months? I'm unclear if you sold a couple of sites for 30k total, or 30k each. Either way, it seems a profitable approach, but is it sustainable? You're selling them, because you know the traffic and income won't last. Won't buyers catch on quickly? Or did you just sell the sites you had, and now you are on to something else?

Well here's a story on that. Back when Penguin hit, I saw a lot of high quality white hat sites get taken down. Now these are sites that invested, over $30 per article for on-site content, infographics, expensive back links, like PRWeb press releases, premium Web directory links, guest posts at legitimate websites, etc etc. so I sent to myself that basically if this can happen to webmasters who are following the rules, I'm just going to play the game that works.

I made a promise to myself as soon as I got a website that made more than a couple thousand dollars a month that I would sell it. And that's what I did, all investments are a risk, hopefully a managed risk, but a risk none the less. Potential buyers can see my link building profile, so there's really nothing that I am hiding. I am very up front about what I do.

And you also have to consider this, you always have competitors, building more links, so you in turn have to build more links, and even if you do everything the way Google wants you to do it, you are NOT going to stay on first page school forever. So I look at the longevity of being on page 1 much like the longevity of a fashion brand.

If we take the car insurance keywords as an example, unless you are in auto insurance carrier like geico, you will eventually get bumped out of the top five positions, maybe even first page altogether at some point. It could take three months, six months, maybe even a year, but it will eventually happen. Just like most fashion brands have a lifecycle, then they have to move on to another country or hopefully sell out to a bigger brand before they have run their course.

With the Penguin updates, I though the old link building strategies are penalized. Are they still working for new sites, but only short term?

What kind of link building strategies are you referring to?

Back