ITC Websites

I would not recommend either ITC or Agent Methods.

Boo. We are pretty cool over here.

Look around this forum some on the many different reasons why.

Here are a few resources from these forums..

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-websites/itc-your-own-t61520.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-websites/itc-vrs-agent-methods-t75172.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-websites/website-inquiry-t56708.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/p-c-insurance-forum/need-website-built-t55915.html

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-itc-insurance-tech-their-website-t50219.html

Main reason is that you dont actually own your website content. You own the domain name, but nothing else.

You own the content you place in the system or the content we place on your behalf. This includes images and content layouts. You just don't own the technology that drives the back end of the site. This because we are constantly improving and securing the platform exclusively for insurance agencies and agents.

ITC is more reputable imo than Agent Methods because they do not push canned content like AM does. But you still dont own the site content.... which will be a HUGE issue down the road for you at some point and will only lead to increased costs in the future if you are serious about web marketing.

ITC is serious about agents. We only do insurance products such as insurance websites, agency email marketing, insurance marketing, comparative rating, and agency management systems.

ericinsures, We have enabled thousands of agents to capitalize on their potential online. I would love the opportunity to help you do the same. Let me know what I can do to help!

----------

ITC says it takes them 7-10 days.

All of our sites are custom built. So it takes a few days for us to create it.

They provide great service and are easy to work with. I'm very happy with them so far and would recommend them.

They offer a good product. We just do it differently.

Nothing against ITC, Agent Methods just appealed to me more. Agent Methods gives you a better look at their product online, to be able to look at what ITC has to offer you have to contact them 1st.

That is understandable. There is a reason Ford and GM don't make the same car. We appreciate the fact that you gave us a look.

ericinsures, we offer a complete look at our product online at https://www.getitc.com/products/websites/. This includes screen shots and a complete feature list.

We do like to consult with you first. Why? Every agency is different. Every site is different. What you want out of your site might not work for others. Also, since every site is custom (the screen shots are there to give you ideas, we're not all designers) we want to understand the look and feel you are going for.

Do you want just a do it your self website? Or would you want a complete solution that includes fully customized weekly blogs (where you own it) written for you?

There is a lot to go into a website, make sure you get the most out of it.

Boo. We are pretty cool over here.

Lol. I never said that you werent cool! :1cool:

Nothing personal, I like you and you provide quality content to the forum and seem to do the same for your clients. The sites you make do look good, I was actually once associated with an agency that used your services for their website.

If it makes you feel any better, I would definitely recommend you over the other one mentioned.

You own the content you place in the system or the content we place on your behalf. This includes images and content layouts. You just don't own the technology that drives the back end of the site. This because we are constantly improving and securing the platform exclusively for insurance agencies and agents.

Does the agent own the source code for the site that is built? It seems that is what you are saying there. I did not think that was the case... if the agent does own the source code, I might change my earlier statement that you said boo to.

However, I dont get the "backend" tech you speak of. Is it a custom CMS that you guys created? Or is it more than that? If its not a CMS, what CMS are you using to build the sites on? Or are you just talking about the hosting?

This is a very big difference between the two services being compared in this thread. Big plus.

If it makes you feel any better, I would definitely recommend you over the other one mentioned.

Thank you.

Does the agent own the source code for the site that is built? It seems that is what you are saying there. I did not think that was the case... if the agent does own the source code, I might change my earlier statement that you said boo to.

A little history first. I started building insurance agency websites in 1999. I even created ITC's first website in 1996 (check it out). I started building so many custom sites for agencies that I decided to put a CMS on it. I started coding the CMS mid 2004. At the time, things like Wordpress were in their Alpha stage. Other CMS systems of the time like Drupal were difficult to operate and the majority of insurance agents of the time were just then venturing out of AOL. So we built a CMS that was AOL-easy and designed only for insurance agents. Thus the Insurance Website Builder system was born. Launched in 2005 it has since gone on to host more than 5,000 active agency websites.

Back to your question. The back end renders each site based upon what is placed in the back end content management system. This content is readily available should you ever choose to leave our system. We simply send you a download of all of your content, directories, images and data sets. You can have someone with basic HTML experience place it back online on its own dedicated site as it is nothing but HTML and graphics.

What you do lose in the by not having the back end is the stuff the site does for you based upon that content. Such as auto configuration of schema (you need a WP plugin like All in One Schema.org), SEO functionality (like Yoast SEO plugin), CAPTCHAs (like Really Simple CAPTCHA), insurance based E&O approved forms (you would have to create all of them from scratch using something like Ninja Forms), redirect modules (like 404 to 301), SSL Certificates, thumbnail generation, spam protection (notice the email addresses are actually images), navigation menus that build themselves as you modify features, and many more.

All of these items are dynamic and change over time so you need something that will roll with the times (or need updating due to vulnerabilities). Our back end handles all of that for you. All the while being secured with the same technology and diligence that is afforded our other insurance agency rating and management products.

Having this system also allows you to roll to new designs as times change. For example, in 2011 we added mobile insurance agency websites to all customers, overnight. Now the big thing is responsive design. It is now possible to roll your site from 2005, 2011, or 2015 adaptive design to a responsive site (like Limbani Insurance Template Home Page) without losing any of the SEO content and backlink juice that you have created over time.

So, yes moving the content, graphics, and design would give you the look and feel of our site but you would lose the things that make a take site the next level without having to use a litany of plugins.

As always, it comes down to time vs. money.

Last edited:

I was told there was no changing of the "template". If I did, there would be a cost. Then I was told much couldn't be done if it wasn't fitting in the template.

Slider, amount of boxes or sections, thats about it.

So, is that what you mean when you say "custom" ?

I wanted to do one area different and was told it took 4 hours to configure it and show me an example.

I would hate to think how long it would take me to make a change like that.

We do like to consult with you first. Why? Every agency is different. Every site is different. What you want out of your site might not work for others.

Every site must fit into your templates. Only the text and slider or pictures can be different without a cost or starting from scratch and paying for that, is that correct ?

Also, since every site is custom (the screen shots are there to give you ideas, we're not all designers) we want to understand the look and feel you are going for.

Text, slider are the main custom parts. I guess the boxes or sections can be changed. Not sure if I am saying this right.

Maybe they are "custom" templates ?

I'm in the mind frame of having the best of the best because it will out shine other agents I appreciate everyone's feed back I'm going to look into the plans for ITC

I was told there was no changing of the "template". If I did, there would be a cost. Then I was told much couldn't be done if it wasn't fitting in the template. Slider, amount of boxes or sections, thats about it. So, is that what you mean when you say "custom"?

When I say custom I am meaning that we actually design the artwork and layout for you. This is why when you make changes it might cost something more because you are going past the basic template. We are not just grabbing a template off the shelf. It goes to a graphic designer, then a production developer, then QA, and finally to you. This takes time and it is often billable when outside the scope of the site setup fee. This is why we have tiered setup plans.

Reach out to me at lrixford [@) getitc.com to discuss it further. I'll work with the design team to get your vision up to date.

This is why when you make changes it might cost something more because you are going past the basic template. We are not just grabbing a template off the shelf. It goes to a graphic designer, then a production developer, then QA, and finally to you. This takes time and it is often billable when outside the scope of the site setup fee. This is why we have tiered setup plans.

Seems it might be easier to just have someone design from scratch if a person wants anything outside your basic template. The word custom makes me think of being able to makes changes beyond the template.

I have a slightly off topic suggestion.

Once you have found a website design that you are happy with, redo your business cards and all your print pieces so that everything has the same color pallette and the same look and feel.

I am under the impression that Yoast SEO adds rich snippets schema to your site. Isn't using All in One Schema a duplication with Yoast?

I am under the impression that Yoast SEO adds rich snippets schema to your site. Isn't using All in One Schema a duplication with Yoast?

I think, that there are some more advanced functions that All in One does that Yoast does not.

I recently have tried out Squirrly SEO and I really like it so far. It does a lot more than Yoast does... but that is for the paid version... the free version of Yoast is better than the free version of Squirrly. They give you a free trial.

But I think that Yoast does what the average person needs as far as SEO, with no need for any other type of rich snippet plugin. But Squirrly adds a few things for rich snippets, and it also has some really cool keyword research functions that integrate into your post editing interface.

Back