ITC Websites

I am under the impression that Yoast SEO adds rich snippets schema to your site. Isn't using All in One Schema a duplication with Yoast?

As I understand it, Yoast by default only does markup and OpenGraph for rich cards on sites likes LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter on blogs and normal pages. If you want to include local schema for Google Places/Local you need to use the Yoast Local SEO plugin in addition to the standard plugin. It also does not support schema mark up for employees, lines of businesses and page types (ContactUs, AboutUs)

Even then the Local SEO plugin only supports the LocalBusiness schema type. You are not able to use the InsuranceAgency schema type instead. You are able to select your business type in All in One. Placing the correct schema data is important to your agency. In the end, even All In One does not support all of the ones that have been implemented in Insurance Website Builder (such as Partners).

Finally, as usual you need to keep your plugins up to date. If not updated you might be using just the older ones that might still be using RDFa or Microdata instead of the now widely accepted JSON+LD.

----------

I have a slightly off topic suggestion.

Once you have found a website design that you are happy with, redo your business cards and all your print pieces so that everything has the same color pallette and the same look and feel.

Absolutely. However, branding goes beyond even that. It is a holistic approach to marketing your business (agency). Our VP of Marketing, Becky Schroeder, has written a great article on branding your agency beyond a uniform website and marketing materials.

The Secrets of Branding

Additionally, ITC also offers logo design and marketing collateral that matches your website design.

You guys lost me at hello.:goofy:

The easiest layman explanation is that Rich Snippets are all the "extras" you see under or alongside a google search result. There is more to it than that, but that is the easiest example.

These plugins we are discussing let you click a button and write some basic subject lines and description, and they write all the code and insert it into the main website code automatically.

So if I want to show a 5 star rating along with a website page when it appears in google search, all I do is click that function within the plugin and it does all the true technical stuff for me.

The easiest layman explanation is that Rich Snippets are all the "extras" you see under or alongside a google search result. There is more to it than that, but that is the easiest example.

These plugins we are discussing let you click a button and write some basic subject lines and description, and they write all the code and insert it into the main website code automatically.

So if I want to show a 5 star rating along with a website page when it appears in google search, all I do is click that function within the plugin and it does all the true technical stuff for me.

Say what?:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way someone who is far from a natural writer learn to create quality content and consistent postings or at least find someone to hire to do that?

I just noticed this post. Sorry.

Im not sure about who to refer you to if you want someone to do it for you. I do know of general copywriting services, but none that are insurance specific.

I honestly think its best to do your own. But I know its a lot to do, especially for someone who isnt a natural. Id suggest to just act like your speaking to a client about a situation. Think of what you talk to clients about the most.... what questions you get asked the most and how you respond to those questions. I think you need to write in a similar fashion that you normally would speak to clients. Dont get too caught up in writing "SEO style", with making sure keywords are every so often..etc...etc. Those keywords are just things that customers normally have questions about or things that would come up in the normal conversation surrounding a product or need. So if you write about that stuff naturally, you will naturally have keywords within your writing.

Im not making the majority of my income from my websites yet. But Im working towards it and on track for the most part. The guys I know who make big bucks from their sites, just write naturally and dont get caught up in writing for SEO purposes. And they write about stuff that just naturally comes up in the course of interacting with clients.

jmo

----------

Say what?:laugh:

You should probably just stick with one of these

blick7small.jpg

Im pretty sure you can plug your iPhone into it... I heard Zuckerburg modified a 1950s toaster and hooked it up to his automated home butler that is voice activated :err:

I just noticed this post. Sorry.

Im not sure about who to refer you to if you want someone to do it for you. I do know of general copywriting services, but none that are insurance specific.

I honestly think its best to do your own. But I know its a lot to do, especially for someone who isnt a natural. Id suggest to just act like your speaking to a client about a situation. Think of what you talk to clients about the most.... what questions you get asked the most and how you respond to those questions. I think you need to write in a similar fashion that you normally would speak to clients. Dont get too caught up in writing "SEO style", with making sure keywords are every so often..etc...etc. Those keywords are just things that customers normally have questions about or things that would come up in the normal conversation surrounding a product or need. So if you write about that stuff naturally, you will naturally have keywords within your writing.

Im not making the majority of my income from my websites yet. But Im working towards it and on track for the most part. The guys I know who make big bucks from their sites, just write naturally and dont get caught up in writing for SEO purposes. And they write about stuff that just naturally comes up in the course of interacting with clients.

jmo

----------

You should probably just stick with one of these

blick7small.jpg

Im pretty sure you can plug your iPhone into it... I heard Zuckerburg modified a 1950s toaster and hooked it up to his automated home butler that is voice activated :err:

That is so me!:laugh:

I've read quite a bit about SEO, and it makes some sense to me. My big problem is actually doing it. I have trouble learning new technology.

My fiancé gave me her old android and it confused me so much that I gave it back to her. I'm not smart enough for a smart phone so I ended up getting a semi-smart Nokia. I can do the basics with it, but other than phone calls, texting, Googling, e-mail and logging into a few websites like CSG and FexQuotes I have trouble.

If ATT hadn't forced forced me to get a smart phone, I'd probably still be using my Sony Ericsson that I used for 8-9 years(I still use it for an alarm clock).

All in One Schema has not been updated in 10 months and has not been tested with current versions of WP. Latest free version of Yoast has some tweaks for schema. If you want more detail, such as for local, perhaps their Local plugin is the answer. I don't market locally (by Google's definition) so not an issue with me.

https://yoast.com/tag/schema-org/

Tom, this might be what you need.
693881b42cbfafef3b4bdbb465bc93b1.jpg

All in One Schema has not been updated in 10 months and has not been tested with current versions of WP. Latest free version of Yoast has some tweaks for schema. If you want more detail, such as for local, perhaps their Local plugin is the answer. I don't market locally (by Google's definition) so not an issue with me.

https://yoast.com/tag/schema-org/

Tom, this might be what you need.
693881b42cbfafef3b4bdbb465bc93b1.jpg

Hahaha, it would be harder to misplace that one Bob.:twitchy:

Sure, you could save 40 bucks a month by doing it all on your own. And then you would be in the website building business, not the insurance business.
If you already own a large agency and can spend your time However you please and still grow, then do as you want.
Personally, I'll continue to pay ITC my 59.95 per month and be pleased with my website that I don't have to even really think about, and continue to rank first page or even top spot overall for the keywords it is optimized for. It's a marketing cost AFAIC and not worth spending even 2 minutes agonizing over.

Latest posts

Back