Key SEO Factors for Sites

As a Google Premier Partner, I've received some very practical advice from Google that can help improve your organic search rankings, so of course I'll share:

Check Your Load Times

Get custom site analysis from Google on your site's mobile friendlness and load times that includes actionable feedback to make improvements:

Testmysite dot thinkwithgoogle dot com

Why should you care?
People are five times more likely to leave a mobile site that isn’t mobile-friendly. Google considers load times as a ranking factors, so a poor score could be keeping you off of the ever important first page of search results for your most popular and relevant keyword.

Check your meta descriptions.

Many web managers overlook meta descriptions, which is easy to do because they do they are not displayed to visitors on your site. Why should you care?

Meta-descriptions are shown with page titles on search results pages and play an important part encouraging visitors to go to your site vs every one else on the page. This copy contributes to your click through rate, which Google uses to factor how relevant your ads are and how high they rank.

Bonus Tip #1
Include your best keyword that you want your page to rank for in your meta-description.

Bonus Tip #2
Are calls from customers who are ready to buy important to you? Add your phone number to the end of your meta-description with a call to action.

Please join in if you have others, or if you don't post a great Netflix series to try out.

Best,

Dustin

Thanks for sharing! Great tips on meta descriptions.

I find that offering free pizza for life in the meta tag also attracts traffic.

Back