Landing Page Critique Please

Someone who bounces off your page because they won't provide a phone number is absolutely useless. Even if the phone number is optional, it will decrease conversion if you ask for it.

An email address is close to worthless? There are no doubt thousands of marketers, including insurance agents, who would strongly disagree. I wrote multiple group accounts with my list of email addresses receiving my newsletter. When they contact you they are extremely strong leads.

And throwing away long term ROI to focus only on Short Term, well, that leaves a lot of money on the table. Focusing only on short term means you will always be scrambling for leads; a long term pipeline that is nourished will provide prospects for as long as it is managed.

But the real point is, what is the conversion objective for your LP? If you only want phone numbers and everyone else can go scratch, fine, design it for that conversion. If you want to build a pipeline, and also pick up those that are willing to provide a phone number, design it for that conversion. A/B test and see which scenario produces the most phone numbers, email addresses, etc.

Hello Friends,
Can someone refer a professional for landing page help ?
From start to SEO without costing an arm & leg....
Please let me know if you know...
Thanks,

how do you guys feel about a appointment calender box and request a 15 min consultation?

This would be the landing page for post cards they receive.

Sorry, I don't want to seem so negative, but you are once again offering them something they can get by calling any agent. It would be fine for your website (I have one on 3 of mine), but not your Landing Page as the CTA.

If they are motivated enough to want to talk to you when they receive your post card, why send them to a Landing Page to schedule a consultation? Just tell them to call you. For those that aren't ready for a conversation, send them to the Landing Page for some special premium that will get them in your funnel.

Even if the phone number is optional, it will decrease conversion if you ask for it.

Do you have any links to statistics to support that statement? Or is it just based on personal experience?

----------

An email address is close to worthless? There are no doubt thousands of marketers, including insurance agents, who would strongly disagree. I wrote multiple group accounts with my list of email addresses receiving my newsletter. When they contact you they are extremely strong leads.

And throwing away long term ROI to focus only on Short Term, well, that leaves a lot of money on the table. Focusing only on short term means you will always be scrambling for leads; a long term pipeline that is nourished will provide prospects for as long as it is managed.

My point is that the short term ROI has to be sufficent to support the long term ROI.

Who cares about a lead 6 months or a year from now if you arent in business.

My example is a bit extreme. And I do not disregard email addresses. Any successful agent keeps the long game in mind. Some of my largest sales have come from the umpteenth follow up on a prospect.

But in my experience. A person that leaves a valid phone number & name is a much much more qualified lead than just an email address.

And an agent that is spending money on ppc needs to monetize at least a certain portion of the leads in a reasonably quick time frame. Therefore Name/Contact method are key.

What many marketers do not realize is that just because an agent "makes a sale" from an internet lead, that does not mean they have been paid yet. It just means an application has been taken.

Depending on the product line, an agent could average anywhere from 1 month at absolute best, all the way to 3 months, before the underwriting is completed.
And thats not counting 1 week to 3 weeks for the sales process (depending on the client/product).

So we dont see a return on our advertising money for about 4-5 months if you count the ad process/sales process/underwriting process.

Long story short, to most agents, a drip campaign is a secondary benefit, at least to start.
Drip campaigns can become a primary lead tool. But most agents need immediate leads along with the long term leads. Not saying that a drip campaign is not effective though.

Didn't really need a lesson on short term vs long term ROI or UW. You stated emails were almost worthless, I disagreed.

I really don't have anything else to add, except to re-emphasize what I have already stated:

"But the real point is, what is the conversion objective for your LP?"

Adios

Didn't really need a lesson on short term vs long term ROI or UW. You stated emails were almost worthless, I disagreed.

I stated that in response to your post suggesting he just ask for an email address initially.

Most agents want qualified buyers. Especially if they are paying for them.
My point has to do with the quality of the prospect.
A person who is willing and ready to enter a name and contact method is a qualified buyer.

As an agent, for the type of business he is targeting with his landing page, highly targeted is best. Just my opinion based on experience working the business market myself.

And I asked about references to your stats not to be argumentative, but out of real curiosity....

scagnt, i will send you some links. asking for phone number does decrease conversion by 5% based on studies online.

i have them saved while doing ppc research. but it did say if you absolutely need a phone number the roi will be better since youre paying 30 dollars to get an email only will be less roi for me.

i appreciate all comments, and are making changes

If this WP site is just for a LP, I'd recommend ditching it and going with Unbounce.

You need to mimic a site like this for PPC - insurance321 - dot - com (sorry, I can't post URL's yet.

I see you're also trying to gather some PII, and that's a big hurdle since you're not quoting out online and people are a little hesitant to just give you that if it isn't compelling.

My suggestions?

1.) Keep WP sites for content. PPC landing pages should look a lot like the link I gave you above. Mock up that layout in Unbounce and mess around with CTA's and use their built in lead capture forms (also ties in with Aweber/Mailchimp) to send all lead submits to your inbox.

2.) Focus on click-to-call traffic, it's what you ultimately want anyway.

Back