Landing Page Critique Please

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Business Insurance Quote | Liam Dai'

Here is a landing page i am working on, it is a template. It will be the same for each niche but with relative keywords and image.

Is it too busy? Too simple? What about the form? Initially i wanted a css fixed form, but the fields look kinda 3d dragging attention.

What about the colors? I am trying use "sense of urgency" and also "trust" colors.

Would an address improve conversion?

Also i am working on the logo and tagline, it is way to long.

-My main goal is get you to give me info for a follow up call
-Only google ppc to this link

opinions and thoughts on everything, color, seo, copy, format, layout etc... Thanks.

Here are just some quick impressions:

You should get rid of the links at the bottom of the page. You should only have two options when someone comes to your landing page: convert or leave, not go to another page or site.

You should never have two CTA; do you want them to opt-in or call you?

The photo seems meaningless, just a stock photo. At least use one where the person is looking at the CTA to help increase conversion

You list primarily features, particularly in your Headline, rather than benefits. Also, your Headline needs to be dynamic to get their attention.

Your offer is weak. They can get a free quote by calling any agent. Why should they opt-in?

Requiring a phone number will decrease conversions. Do you really have to have it on the initial opt-in?

Your testimonial is good. Add another if you have one.

The opt-in box color scheme does not look good to me. You are using a CTA button that contrasts the blue box, but not much contrast with the red Headline. I think the box color should be lighter and the button a more vivid color, perhaps green. You would just have to play with it and A/B test.

You may not want to spell out the privacy policy, that you will not sell or give their info away. Reading that by the CTA might get them thinking that they may get spammed if they give you their info (reverse psychology). Perhaps a clickable "Privacy Policy" that they probably won't read anyway.

Those are just some of my immediate impressions. The best way to see if they improve conversion is A/B test.

A couple quick suggestions:

1. The page is thin which means your quality score won't be high and you'll be paying max prices for your PPC campaign in Google.

2. Incentivize them with an immediate download of something valuable to the prospect. Like LOM58 says above - the offer is weak. They can get quotes anywhere.

I would use a service like whatrunswhere.com and find out whose spending the most money for the vertical you're targeting and emulate whatever ad has been running the longest.

Good Points! i will continue to work on it, i know having 1 CTA, is the best way to convert,

But i after reading many marketing sites, they all come to the conclusion that a phone number will increase conversion because it makes you look legitimate.

Maybe, i should remove call me, and just leave the telephone there.

The stock image is just a placeholder for now, I want a picture with directional cues, but in mobile version it falls under the form and then looks at nothing instead.

I will work on the colors as well. I'm trying to figure out a color scheme to bring out the submit button.

I know requiring a phone number, decrease the conversion rate, but how else will i contact them? Should i just email them and then request for a phone call? I need to get some additional info, and doing by email is a lot slower.

Maybe i should setup auto-responder to respond with to their emails asking for the require info? How do you guys feel about a 2nd form after filling out the first one?

The privacy statement also seems to improve conversion but maybe my wording is wrong? I should just say i will never spam you? (along the lines of this)

I will work on my offer as well.

Jroot - can you elaborate on the max PPC price based on thin content?

Jroot - can you elaborate on the max PPC price based on thin content?

I am no expert, but the way I understand it is that AdWords will assign a quality score to your ad/landing page. This will effect your rankings in the ads and how much you must pay for p1/p2/p3 etc.

Im sure that Jeff will correct me or elaborate; he definitely knows this stuff more than me.
But I think that his main point is to just add some more content for google to see.
Add tags to your images (title/alt text/caption/description)
Add some extra structured data such as google+ reviews, subject, etc.
Add some below the fold content that is relevant but not too lengthy. Then add a 2nd contact box at the bottom. Maybe another pic or two.

I agree about cutting out the links at the bottom. You can always redirect to a page on your site after they complete the form.
You seem to have a good start though.

Last edited:
DO NOT mention spam on your privacy statement. Either say nothing or make it as non-threatening as you can.

As far as the phone number, you need to decide what the primary objective is of your landing page, collect email addresses for drip marketing, or get them to call you or allow you to call them. Right now you are trying to do both, and unfortunately not very well. Going back to your offer, you really don't have one. You basically just want them to allow you to sell them a policy. You've got to wine and dine before you get that first kiss (cleaned it up).

If you want to build an email list, then you need a strong offer, such as a free ebook "7 Ways Businesses Overpay For Their Insurance" or some such gem.

If you want them to call you or give you a number to call them, then you need to provide something compelling on your page so that they are intrigued enough to want to talk to you.

Right now you are doing neither.

I am torn about the phone number. Are you targeting a local market or national?

If its local I say go for it. If its national you at least need an 800 number imo.

When I used to do direct mail locally I would often see a full 1% increase in response rate by adding a local phone number to call.

What I would not do is have just a phone number. Either do both, or just the form.
Because if someone finds your ad/page at 2am, I doubt you will wake up to answer a phone call. And a lot of web browsing is done at night when people are off of work.

Again, if it is locally targeted I would definitely include the phone.

Here is a suggestion. Go for the email address only (no name, no phone) in exchange for a "freemium" (ebook, white paper, etc.). On the "Thank You" page, tell them that their ebook is on its way, but in the meantime, if they would like some type of super duper business insurance quote (you will have to come up with the compelling content) then there is a second opt-in where they can provide name and phone #.

This will maximize your email marketing list, and tests have shown that people are more likely to provide additional personal info on a second (or later) opt-in once they have opted in once already. Also, you will not lose the people who are willing to provide email, but not phone #. Names are often made up anyway, but then again so are phone numbers to get free reports. Those that sign up on the second opt-in will probably be real prospects.

Hmm... interesting, not that i see the replies, my goal is not clear.

I basically want them phone number so i can call them and give them a quote and/or get a xdate.

I am only targeting local customers. I prefer having an email for further use, but i just want to lead gen, so i can follow up with a call.

Also i did some keyword research insurance keywords are going for around 20-30 dollars with a 5.21% conversion rate (source: wordstream) How can anyone make money on this?

Here is a suggestion. Go for the email address only (no name, no phone) in exchange for a "freemium" (ebook, white paper, etc.). On the "Thank You" page, tell them that their ebook is on its way, but in the meantime, if they would like some type of super duper business insurance quote (you will have to come up with the compelling content) then there is a second opt-in where they can provide name and phone #.

This will maximize your email marketing list, and tests have shown that people are more likely to provide additional personal info on a second (or later) opt-in once they have opted in once already. Also, you will not lose the people who are willing to provide email, but not phone #. Names are often made up anyway, but then again so are phone numbers to get free reports. Those that sign up on the second opt-in will probably be real prospects.

To an insurance agent looking to make sales a name and contact method are key. An email address with no other info is close to useless. Sure he can drip market to them, but that does nothing for his short term ROI (which is key).

He can always just make the phone number optional. If they want to include it great, if not then he has their email & name. Problem solved.

I do the same thing on the forms on my website. Although on my website I have found that 90+% of my sales have come from people who have left a phone number..... so it comes down to the old problem in marketing of "do you want a prospect, or do you want a qualified prospect?"....

----------

Hmm... interesting, not that i see the replies, my goal is not clear.

I basically want them phone number so i can call them and give them a quote and/or get a xdate.

I am only targeting local customers. I prefer having an email for further use, but i just want to lead gen, so i can follow up with a call.

Also i did some keyword research insurance keywords are going for around 20-30 dollars with a 5.21% conversion rate (source: wordstream) How can anyone make money on this?

If its local include the phone and make it more prominent. And I would redo the page to show that you are local to them... for all they know you are located in china!

If you have a google+ page then put a google map up on the page with your location pinned on it. Or at least say something about being local to the area.

Last edited:
Back