Multiple Websites Targeting Specific Key Words/phrases

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've recently had some success generating leads via my website, but of course I'm limited to certain keywords. I've begun the process of creating about a dozen websites specifically for the purpose of lead generation using different key phrases. These are very simple landing pages with some basic info and a contaact info submission form, and the confirmation gives prospects the option to fill out a more complete form tied in to my rater so they can be emailed a proposal.
My question is, some of these websites are somewhat similar, while others are targeting specific lines of business. 2 or 3 of them, I could get by simply replacing key words and phrases in order to achieve the desired effect. Would you go to the trouble re-designing and creating completely unique webpages? Is there specific benefit to doing this? Or would I do just as well to recycle the design and change up the text as appropriate?

To be honest with you, respectfully, I think you might be misunderstanding how SEO and keyword ranking works in general. I wouldn't necessarily use the tactic that you're outlining here. What's going to help you most in Google is providing a lot of rich, high-quality content that is relevant to those searches. Landing pages aren't going to do that for you.
First and foremost, consolidate into one website with a really sleek and easy nav. If one or two pages on one site does well, and one or two pages on another does well, you're missing out on the opportunity for the success of one group to bolster the other and vice versa. For example, if you're targeting life, dental, and health insurance separately, just make different pages and subpages for ONE website.
It's good that you have conversion opps on your landing pages but landing pages aren't really meant to rank organically. They're typically where you send PAID traffic from Facebook, Adwords campaigns, Bing campaigns, etc. You want your organic traffic to end up on helpful pages and blog posts, and blog posting gives you the versatility to rank for completely different keywords with different content without worrying about your overarching site ranking goals. DM me if you need more info about this, this is what I do freelancing for many of my clients.

Help me understand what the difference is here then -
When I called the company that built my website, what they suggested for what I was looking to do was have them build additional product-specific pages, which of course there was a one-time fee for. They sold it as having everything on the same domain builds organic SEO for all product pages. But what they build are essentially landing pages. They look very similar to the ones I can already create myself without paying someone $300/apiece.
However, with the service I currently use to build PPC landing pages, they all have a subdomain URL. So they are whatever.palmettochoice.com/pagename.
I can also build my own additional pages to upload to my hosting service, but they would be more informational, not so much call to action or form-driven.
Is one of these necessarily better or worse than the other?

Last edited:
When I called the company that built my website

Is the company ITC ?

I believe it has a link on your website to ITC which advertises here ?

what they suggested for what I was looking to do was have them build additional product-specific pages, which of course there was a one-time fee for. They sold it as having everything on the same domain builds organic SEO for all product pages. But what they build are essentially landing pages. They look very similar to the ones I can already create myself without paying someone $300/apiece.

Sorry not technical but trying to understand as I have talked to them before, what exactly do they say they will do when they sold it ?

However, with the service I currently use to build PPC landing pages, they all have a subdomain URL. So they are whatever.palmettochoice.com/pagename.

Curious, what service do you use ?

I can also build my own additional pages to upload to my hosting service, but they would be more informational, not so much call to action or form-driven.
Is one of these necessarily better or worse than the other?

I would think it would depend on what you are trying to accomplish and the specific products ?

Maybe someone with experience in this area will answer ?

Is the company ITC ?

I believe it has a link on your website to ITC which advertises here ?

Sorry not technical but trying to understand as I have talked to them before, what exactly do they say they will do when they sold it ?

Curious, what service do you use ?

I would think it would depend on what you are trying to accomplish and the specific products ?

Maybe someone with experience in this area will answer ?

Yes, my website is with ITC. All they do is create and host the additional landing pages. SEO is my responsibility, same as when they initially created my website. Ongoing costs are very low, but setup fees for each page is a bit much, imo.

To make my own landing pages, I use unbounce. In 3 hours, I can create and publish a page of similar quality compared to what itc will. Once I've done a few of them, I'm sure it will be quicker.

Yes, my website is with ITC. All they do is create and host the additional landing pages. SEO is my responsibility, same as when they initially created my website. Ongoing costs are very low, but setup fees for each page is a bit much, imo.

To make my own landing pages, I use unbounce. In 3 hours, I can create and publish a page of similar quality compared to what itc will. Once I've done a few of them, I'm sure it will be quicker.

Nice looking site. If you want to change hosts, do you keep all the content?

Yes, my website is with ITC. All they do is create and host the additional landing pages. SEO is my responsibility, same as when they initially created my website.

I see they list the term "SEO Optimization" on their site as one of the things they provide. I guess what that means is you are responsible for determining the keywords you want on the site and they make sure the search engines will recognize them. That is my understanding.

Ongoing costs are very low, but setup fees for each page is a bit much, imo.

Can you do your own pages and combine them with the ITC site ? Or are you stuck with their setup fees for each page ?

Not sure if pages and "landing pages" fall into the same category, can you combine those with the ITC site and avoid the setup fees ?

Do you think ITC is good for what you are trying to accomplish ?

I am trying to figure out their niche. It seems for someone that wants a decent looking site, that fits well with their template.

Maybe not geared for online marketing such as PPC or where multiple landing page creation is needed ?

There is also the factor that you don't own the site. So if you leave I wonder if you can just plug in another site at the same domain ( I assume that is yours) with similar content and maintain your rankings ?

Last edited:
Nice looking site. If you want to change hosts, do you keep all the content?

Nope. One of those questions I wish I knew to ask back when I did this.

I see they list the term "SEO Optimization" on their site as one of the things they provide. I guess what that means is you are responsible for determining the keywords you want on the site and they make sure the search engines will recognize them. That is my understanding.

Can you do your own pages and combine them with the ITC site ? Or are you stuck with their setup fees for each page ?

Not sure if pages and "landing pages" fall into the same category, can you combine those with the ITC site and avoid the setup fees ?

Do you think ITC is good for what you are trying to accomplish ?

I am trying to figure out their niche. It seems for someone that wants a decent looking site, that fits well with their template.

Maybe not geared for online marketing such as PPC or where multiple landing page creation is needed ?

There is also the factor that you don't own the site. So if you leave I wonder if you can just plug in another site at the same domain ( I assume that is yours) with similar content and maintain your rankings ?

I can either choose to create my own pages using either HTML or their page builder tool, or let them build the landing pages, if I want them hosted by ITC and able to work with them within ITC's console, otherwise I'm doing what I currently am with unbounce, which is paying a few extra dollars for a subdomain. That way, (I'm hoping, at least), they all count towards the same website as far as SEO is concerned.

As far as optimization goes, ITC uses their own formula for putting keywords into the pages they create, but I'm assuming that ends up being rather generic and does not translate into real results. I'm responsible for submitting to search engines (they do at least provide a tool to submit everywhere at once), meta tags, description, etc. I also spent my evenings at home one week diligently submitting my business to every listing service I could find - Yelp, hotfrog, YP, etc. etc. etc. It apparently paid off. I'm either result #1, or on first page for multiple search terms. My goal (if possible) now is to have multiple results on the first page, which is why I wanted to create additional websites that are "different", even though each will have a disclaimer that the website is a subsidiary of my agency, which would include backlinks. If those even matter anymore.

For a slick looking website, yes I feel like ITC delivered a good value. The ongoing costs are comparable to what I pay for hosting/maintenance for website for a totally separate business. Start-up cost with ITC was a fraction of what I expected. Probably because their process is so streamlined, and not truly custom.

Back