National Site Vs State Specific Sites

Try MedicareWire.com or MedigapAndYou.com. Both mine and I have more.

With a DA of 22 and 13 respectively, I have a hard time believing that even both of those sites combined receive anywhere near 2000 organic visits / month yet alone with a 37% bounce rate.

I know my way around SEO a tad, and have dabbled in the Medicare space. 2000 visitors per day, with 37% bounce would be incredible numbers. Unless you're targeting several non-buyer type keywords including Part D.

What is your conversion rate for Med supp leads? Also, what quote engine is that you're using? It's showing American Cont for Texas which would way outdated.

If your numbers are true great job.

----------

With a DA of 22 and 13 respectively, I have a hard time believing that even both of those sites combined receive anywhere near 2000 organic visits / month yet alone with a 37% bounce rate.

PA/DA is no indicator of whether a site can rank or not, especially for long tails and especially on Yahoo/Bing.

Unless you're targeting several non-buyer type keywords including Part D.

What is your conversion rate for Med supp leads?

I was thinking the same thing - What's the conversion rate?

---

Back to original question, unless you're know what's up with SEO, don't waste your time on a national effort. Focus local and grow from there. If you apply some very basic techniques you will absolutely dominate your local/regional market.
Good luck to you and let us all know how it goes for you.

Well...They don't call me the "SEO Guru" for nothing so here's my Holiday offer:

For $179 and $70 per month, you get the following:

Guaranteed Page 4 or 5 placement for up to three key phrases.

I'll throw in one pre-made YouTube video every 18 months.

Submission to 50 directories of my choice. Although many are no longer active, it still is a good idea to submit to them. Google likes this.

I'll create a landing page unlike any other. It's not conversions that count. It's getting visitors off your page as quickly as possible.

Complete unconditional refund of all money you paid after 36 months (less a one-time cancellation fee of $2,200). At that time, you can cancel, although you still must pay an additional 12 months to be fair to my other customers.

Cordell Stewart
Stewart SEO And Web Design
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Service Since 1976

I know my way around SEO a tad, and have dabbled in the Medicare space. 2000 visitors per day, with 37% bounce would be incredible numbers. Unless you're targeting several non-buyer type keywords including Part D.

What is your conversion rate for Med supp leads? Also, what quote engine is that you're using? It's showing American Cont for Texas which would way outdated.

If your numbers are true great job.

----------

PA/DA is no indicator of whether a site can rank or not, especially for long tails and especially on Yahoo/Bing.

This is my thoughts exactly. Are you generating targeted lead traffic or just informational viewers? Who cares if you get 1 million visitors if none of them convert. I wasn't calling you a liar I was merely saying that for a competitive field it's hard to rank without authority.

I didn't see where anyone called you a liar either, maybe I missed the post. Keep in mind with those numbers and bounce rate, combined with you posting the publicly it leaves you open for people questioning you. Just the game, and you chose to play...

That being said, you have continually left out your conversion rates. My belief is because you don't have any, or cannot track that data. Sending leads off to a third party broker to allow them to sell doesn't exactly mean anything. In fact, they are likely taking you for a ride. Sorry to say but this is based on experience.

This also leaves you open for people to criticize you. Top lead gen sites generate 14% + conversions to leads for Med supps. You, are not doing that. In fact based on your numbers compared to traffic I would estimate you are about 1/5th the revenue of where you should be.

However, you obviously are generating "traffic" to your sites, which it sounds like you are monetizing. And that's the name of the game when it comes to internet marketing so good for you.

It's just not quality traffic. However, you chose to boast big numbers on here while leaving out the most important variable. I don't disagree with you generating that much traffic and monetizing it, in fact I'm all for it. But your traffic is not geared towards an agent or agency attempting to call quality leads and you gave the impression that you weren't slinging internet marketing mud against the wall, which you are.

Considering you're not a licensed agent yet posting on an agent forum, you can see where you might have lost credibility a bit, no?

Back