Need Your Opinion About an Insurance Blog

My first impression was the same as Aaron. Too busy and confusing.

Looks like you are mostly selling ad space for anything and everything.

There are a lot of things to like about the site once you get used to the short attention span information blocks. I would imagine you have a low bounce rate. Something there for almost anyone.

The WP template doesn't look familiar. Which one did you use?

I would love to know how you have promoted the site to secure so much traffic.

Interesting LinkedIn profile

WHOA, that's alot of stuff!

b74.jpg

The harshest piece of advice I have is the domain - what does insure zero mean? You need to interpret that for the consumer since it's a part of the brand.

Your title of your home page says "insurance comparison" which is a term with a monthly volume of 18,100 visitors so that's a nice term, but it's no where else on the home page - which needs to be broken up a bit for navigation. If you look at other high ranking sites for the term "insurance comparison" you will find these two:
https://www.comparethemarket.com/insurance/
Insurance Quotes and Comparison - Car, Life, Home & Health
See how they have a quote form on the landing page or a sign-up button, both at top and bottom. They have TYPES of insurance to buy, which funnels to separate landing pages.
Also their titles are more action based, Compare Insurance Quotes or Insurance Quotes and Comparison. You could do something like "Compare Insurance Quotes at Insurancezero.com."

The site has a domain authority of 3.

Blog articles need to go down towards the bottom, having them up at top is disorienting - like starting off with anal.

Having Solar AND Insurance is not boding well unless you are selling leads - many lead providers also sell solar installation (which is mostly door knocked).

You are buying content at a fast degree. You should space it out more. Plus no one wants to read content from "insurezero", "staff" is better if you won't put your name down. Or better yet, invent a pen name - legal and common.

The hook to a piece of content shouldn't be light gray text, big picture, then content. It should flow from visual to more concrete i.e. Picture, grey question to hook attention, then content.

Light grey is hard to read on white.

Your content is lengthy so that's good, but it still suffers from fatigue, by not having more pictures. You should have one more picture in your content midway down, like this:
ace-ventura-2-super-slo-mo-o.gif

You need a Call to Action (CTA) at the end of each article to either read another article, interact with you in the comments section by asking them a question, or getting a quote.

The right sidebar in blog view is cluttered: You have search, quote form based on ip, find us on facebook, trending articles, newsletter sign-up, most shared posts (isn't that trending?), categories, archives, follow on twitter, recent comments, rss feeds, and stats. Right now, clear everything out but Trending articles and subscription sign-up. The rest is distracting and unnecessary.

You need a description about InsureZero for your author box.

Thumbnails for more articles should be smaller.

There's no about us.

At the top left it says trending, hot, and popular - three synonyms. Take all of that out and collapse the top yellow and put the login at the bottom, to make a cleaner look with more flow.

Blog categories TIPS should be axed, and include the tips within each category - the purpose of the articles themselves.

No privacy policy or sitemap, but I like how you have your social sharing icons on the bottom.

Your Quote form is obviously affiliate offers which means you definitely need a privacy and terms and conditions policy. They don't seem grouped well, you have a term, a globe whole life, aig term, and lifeinsurancepro (one of their state landing pages), - put globe at the bottom, and have some content on the site to explain why each quote is worth clicking.

Also, you are pulling straight from your site and reposting on a Wordpress site and linking back to the article for a web 2.0 backlink. There needs to be unique content on a 2.0. 50 words won't cut it for a 2.0 either, try 400 at least. Basically if you are going to use 2.0's for backlinks, you need to pull a facet or angle out of the content and reblog about it on the 2.0 site (wordpress, blogger tumblr), and link back explaining to the reader that there's more about TOPIC at this link.

You should have an address and phone number at the bottom to still make this look like a legitimate business, even if it's based on affiliate deals. If you get a Name, Address, and Phone number together you have an NAP, and you can repost it in other citation sites for a minor backlink - but a more important reason is to make sure you data is consistent (NAP consistency) around important directory sites which gives a nice trustworthy thumbs up to the search engines.

What are you doing for traffic? Buying it (fake or ppc), posting in consumer forums, or in consumer QA sites?

You are missing meta descriptions for your pages, while they do little for ranking they do attract site visitors which increases engagement which is a big ranking factor now for a site.

Here's an analysis for your site.

What theme is that? I may be able to give you a few tips to optimize the look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just officially launched my web site last week:

www.InsuranceCommentary.com

The main platform is Wordpress and initially I'm using it principally for blogging, though I offer some fee services and later will likely be selling content. At the bottom you can see the WP theme being used and my web mistress's name. I hired her to build the web site based on one she did for a friend (www.steveanderson.com).

The idea was to have something simple, clean and professional looking, though that might not be exactly what you want if your main purpose is selling.

P.S. Take a look at my blog. I'll begin blogging in earnest next week and you can subscribe and get a daily or weekly digest of posts. Also note on the "Legal" page under "Reprints" that I'm offering my blog posts for FREE for reprinting for any agents that want to use them on their web sites or in communications to customers. All I ask in return is that my posts be reprinted verbatim (no editing) and include my copyright notice and the source of the article.

I just officially launched my web site last week:

www.InsuranceCommentary.com

The main platform is Wordpress and initially I'm using it principally for blogging, though I offer some fee services and later will likely be selling content. At the bottom you can see the WP theme being used and my web mistress's name. I hired her to build the web site based on one she did for a friend (www.steveanderson.com).

The idea was to have something simple, clean and professional looking, though that might not be exactly what you want if your main purpose is selling.

P.S. Take a look at my blog. I'll begin blogging in earnest next week and you can subscribe and get a daily or weekly digest of posts. Also note on the "Legal" page under "Reprints" that I'm offering my blog posts for FREE for reprinting for any agents that want to use them on their web sites or in communications to customers. All I ask in return is that my posts be reprinted verbatim (no editing) and include my copyright notice and the source of the article.

Whoa buddy - no thread jacking:no:

What do you mean you're not selling anything? :skeptical:

Your words..."I offer some fee services and later will likely be selling content."

Look at the fees. They are constructed to make sure I don't sell anything!

I might sell some content later. Maybe or maybe not. Right now and for the future, my blog content is entirely free.

Again, if there is a perception I'm trying to sell something or I've otherwise violated the rules of engagement, I'll delete the post. That was not my intent.

Back