The New SEO

I thought this take on SEO was really interesting, although it is in no way insurance-related. It sheds some light on link-schemes for big brands, but also provides a decent background on how SEO works.

The New SEO - Link Schemes are Allowed (For Big Brands) - Nenad SEO | Nenad SEO

Thanks for sharing that article Liz. As long as there's a system, somebody is going to be gaming it. I had some fun looking for SEO-related non-sequetors in Abby Clark's writings on Lifehack.org. My favorite is this one (look for link that pushes a Texas Realtor with the phrase "New Homes in Houston Texas".

DIY Decorating Ideas for Each Season

Aaron

I agree with MBD's comment 100%.

I know plenty of agents making great incomes with their own SEO efforts. We've all taken "hits" with all the algorithm updates, but you learn and do things differently to survive.

Like Aaron says above. As long as it's an algorithm, it can be gamed. Gaming it now is definitely MUCH MUCH harder than it was 9 months ago.

I agree with MBD's comment 100%.

I know plenty of agents making great incomes with their own SEO efforts. We've all taken "hits" with all the algorithm updates, but you learn and do things differently to survive.

Like Aaron says above. As long as it's an algorithm, it can be gamed. Gaming it now is definitely MUCH MUCH harder than it was 9 months ago.

I guess the risk is being too aggressive with trying to game the system so that Google bans your site.

Not sure if hiring a pure white hat SEO helps much. Last July I hired a white hat firm, and my positions have suffered greatly with this angelic outfit. I think you need someone a little dirty.

In the meantime, blogging on topics consumers are interested in is probably the best way to generate business. I think most often people are curious if they can health qualify, so focusing content on underwriting and health issues is probably best solution rather than trying to rank for generic "long term care insurance quotes" or "affordable health insurance."

Instead, write content on specific but common medical conditions....there are too many to even list, but cancer, diabetes, AFib, heart disease, angioplasty, CHF, depression, chronic fatigue, osteoarthritis, lupus, seizure disorder, fibromyalgia, obesity, neuropathy, sleep apnea, COPD, TIA, stroke, et al might be a good start.

I would imagine inquiries from people with medical conditions are much higher conversion rates too.

Sure, you might have declines, but they will be motivated and probably further along in buying process, then somebody that is just shopping quotes.

Also, I think if someone reads your blog post on cancer underwriting I feel they are more likely to view you as an expert knowledgable about their situation, than if someone reads your website about "free quotes, we can save you money."

Every agent, every website says that.

Back