New Website Need to Drive Traffic

gipper1234

Hello friends-

I have a small budget for marketing and looking for the most effect way to drive traffic to my website for life insurance and retirement plans.

your input will be well appreciated.

Thank you all in advance:)

The easiest way is to get a bigger budget and do PPC, but that's not for the faint of heart.

If you do any retirement planning in the b2b space linkedin can be a great way to network with businesses, but if you're focusing more on the consumers it can be quite a bit more work.

The best advice for years has been to just blog about relevant content. You can also make sure you get your google places listing and that will help (and is free). The way things are going now it seems like you do a lot better if you actually can create content that gets passed around. Even within your personal facebook account (if you have one) articles like "Five reasons you didn't know you need life insurance" or "how to turn a dollar a day into a million dollar retirement fund" or things of that nature can definitely work as clink bait to get traffic to your site without spending much coin.

If you are going after local business, then building up your local citations, including Google + Local, is a great way to establish an on line presence. Just make sure that you do it right with consistent info. You can also rank your website or even a short video for a local long tail keyword, such as "Your City life insurance quotes" or any that will provide decent traffic (keyword research is important). Josh is right that you need to provide a compelling offer such as an ebook to drive people to your site and then opt-in when they get there. PPC can get pretty expensive if you don't know what you are doing but can be a cost effective option.

Thanks for input...will research & move forward now that I have direction to go in. Thank again:-)

This is all good advice and all of these tactics have there place.

The advice I give all of my clients staring out is to first identify their target customer. Maybe that sounds obvious - 'anyone that needs insurance' but it really isn't! Really dive deep into who that client is so you can target them specifically - provide good content that they care about and start building an audience.

So for example, maybe for retirement plans you're targeting a 30-35 old professional, that has a new family, owns his own home, plays FF, and loves guns. You can then start to find those specific people on Facebook with an ad specifically written and targeted to that 'person' redirecting them to your site which has more valuable content for them. Then you can take is a step farther and use Adroll to retarget them whenever they're online (not just FB).
But this tactic doesn't work if: you don't have good compelling content that your customer wants to read!

Everything you do online, gets more powerful if you can focus on your specific customer. Just blanketing advertisements don't work very well.

my .02.

Dave

Contact this guy, he is really good. He helped increase my organic traffic and page rank. Now I get over 1000 visitors a month. Omastar PMD, LLC Marcus 717-468-5813

I agree with the google + method. Free - relatively simple in terms of creating a profile. If you are not in a highly competitive area the google place page after the pinning process has a potential of appearing on the first page of major search engines by itself after 30 days. Just make sure to fill it out 100%.

Creat a yahoo, bing, mapquest, linkedin, facebook, yelp anything you can get your hands on. Create the profile with the same name number and address every time to the letter. Not that a facebook will get you calls but helps with your rankings if it is all linked properly.

Basically piggy backing of huge sites like this will generate "referral traffic" to your site. Optimizing the site itself is difficult, costly and takes a lot more time.

All free profiles

Talk to successful agents/brokers outside of your area. Their advice is free and you may obtain a hidden gem.

Jeff Hornacek
Hornacek Insurance Services
Topeka Ks.
Service since 1939

Hornacek in the house whoot whoot. Best Sun ever. Glory days. Chambers, KJ, Hornacek, Frank Johnson, Oliver Miller, Mark West, Don Buse, Paul Westphal, Sweet Walter D, Purple Gang.....

Back