New Website Or No New Website...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
A question for the SEO experts...

My website is a health insurance website. Traffic is good. Placement with Google is good etc...

I'm interested in possibly adding a page on the website focusing exclusively on another line...more than likely disability...maybe dental. What would draw more traffic? A new website devoted to Ohio disability plans or using the existing website SEO value and adding a separate page?

I will have a keyword-rich domain name if I build a separate website.

UPDATE: Skip it. I think I'll build a separate website. More work as this will be wesite #4.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Chumps, I build a site for each line or niche I go after. Why would you want someone looking for disability to end up lost on your health site?
Keep it simple. The customer is just looking for a reason to leave your site because insurance is scary.

I would split test it, what the heck would it hurt to add a page to the old website. Might pull some traffic in while you are getting your new site SEO'ed.

Ive got a buddy with a really strong SEO'ed site and has tens of thousands of backlinks to his site. He can do a post totally unrelated to the main theme of his site and do just a few text anchored backlinks and it will usually get ranked highly for that term in google.

You can do both either you can categories all the category on your home page or can create new site depends how much you want to concentrate on new line.

You can do both either you can categories all the category on your home page or can create new site depends how much you want to concentrate on new line.

If you have a respected page, adding more services never hurts thus the term, value added service. Mcdonald's just doesn't sell burgers anymore. Walmart doesn't just sell clothes anymore.

Sometimes less is more...sometimes it's vice versa. I would test it out. Maybe you'd get some leads.

The only thing that I can say with certainty is that you will get faster results if you add to your existing website.

In the long run, you may do better with separate sites with different IP addresses, but from an SEO perspective you are going to start from scratch.

Landing Pages
For the new content develope landing pages so if you do any SEO they will go directly to the content you want.

Back