Norvax vs Quotit

I have netquote load the leads directly into broker office at the same time the lead is entered. They do this for free.

NQ may do that for free, no big deal, but doesn't Norvax require you to have an autoresponder (at an extra charge)?

Several lead companies can load direct into Norvax, Quotit and Leadpod.

This week I had Anita Hurst, No Mo, and Don't Bother, apply for quotes.

Is Anita related to Patty?

I've been working with them on the autoresponder. I already paid them for a web site when I signed up last year, and now they want $250 more just to setup the autoresponder, plus $50 per month to use it.

I can do it for free, and maybe only takes an extra 15 to 20 seconds per lead to do so.

I call them about every 60 days, and tell them I would purchase the autoresponder if they waive the setup fee.

I also tell them how much they would have made in monthly fees by doing so since I first tried to set one up, $750 and counting.

I have spoken to three reps at various seminars, and they are always so vague about their setup fees and their monthly costs. They wanted $175 per month just for the autoresponder when I last spoke to them in Novi when they had a Norvax seminar there 2 months ago.

I know they offer deals all over the place, I'm just waiting until I get mine, or another product comes along.

I understand from reading on this forum that there will be a new quoting system available after the 1st of the year.

If somebody from Norvax reads this, I would suggest that you stream line your fee structure, make it more uniform and remember who the customer is.

It may well be a good product, but it's not the only product.

I can do it for free, and maybe only takes an extra 15 to 20 seconds per lead to do so.

What you can't do on your own is set the drip schedule automated which is what I like. Also the Norvax auto responder has something the others do not - the quote. The quote is also updated as time goes on.

You are correct you can get auto responders all over the place, but what is missing is the quote - which is very important in my opinion.

I hope it ends up working out for you in the long run.

Does norvax or quotit help new agents close more deals?

In my opinion, multi-carrier quoting services (and the two you mention are not the only ones out there- of course I'm going to say this) provide a valuable way to save time and make the sale more efficient.

Many benefits in using the right sales tool, including:
1) eliminates need to go out to multiple insurance companies and pull together quotes
2) multi-carrier proposal shows exact plans that suit needs of consumer
3) gives consumer CHOICES so they don't continue shopping
4) facilitates a remote sale over the phone, gives you and consumer something to talk about together.
5) through providing the right consumer-specific intelligence, helps agent earn role as trusted advisor and set correct expectations

#3 is important, I believe. Consumers today want choice. If an agent pushes just one plan, they will say "ok thanks" and they will continue shopping. After you listen to the consumer and their needs, INVOLVE them in the desicion process! SHOW THEM that you have considered many options and how you are whittling away what is not right... then end up at the answer for them. This can be done quickly. If you involve them, and if you and the consumer together have considered a reasonable number of choices, and together have driven to a logical conclusion, THEY ARE DONE SHOPPING and will buy from you.
Our tool facilitates this decision process (#4), and uses our national 100+ carrier quoting service together with our own integrated co-browser to let the agent run the show and get to the right choice.
Many agents use quote engines INCORRECTLY (then of course blame it on the tool rather than their use of it). Agents often just throw a quote engine on their website and hope that consumers will see what they want (or be hopelessly confused) and then CALL THEM. The old axiom, insurance is sold not bought, holds true here- just because a consumer "CAN" serve themselves doesn't mean that this self-service will, or should, replace your value as an agent. Most consumers don't understand health insurance at all.

#5 above is also important. A quote engine should help an agent earn their role as a trusted advisor, by informing the sale and facilitating the match between consumers' needs and the correct insurance product.
The establishment of TRUST is very difficult in a remote insurance sales situation. One way it can be done is through intelligence, and having the right information at your firngertips to answer questions and inform the sale. Today's "quick" quote engines (such as the ones you mention) do not provide quoting for optional benefits, and do not provide pre-underwriting intelligence. It is time for sales technology solutions to stop focusing on lead sales and recruitment efforts and start providing agents with MORE of the information they need to truly help customers get the right coverage. Our solution provides rate-ups, knock-outs for medical conditions on either primary or spouse, and also builds in height-weight and occupation considerations. We believe it takes away from the speed/continuity of the sale if you have to dig through agent guides for several carriers every time to look up medical conditions.

Just my take, interesting question but not a simple answer.

Last edited:
Considering all carriers must approve the language and quoting information - this could be a while. It is also my understanding some quoting companies have exclusive arrangements with various carriers?

An IT company to setup advanced quoting, carrier logos, carrier plan information - this could take some time. You can not do this bootleg in your garage and you need a large staff (agent support, updating rates).

I am all about competition - I am just a little apprehensive at this point.

Mark - will this be primarily for healthcare quotes or will it also have LTC and other insurance?

Joe, the quote engine is operational. Has been for 2 yrs or so.

They are getting ready to roll out version 1.78943652 or perhaps it is 2.0103045726. I can't recall which.

The engine is for health insurance. Can't recall if they will eventually have life and other lines or not.

The engine is slick. Has more bells & whistles than what I need or want. Still sitting on the fence.

Many benefits in using the right sales tool, including:
3) gives consumer CHOICES so they don't continue shopping

#3 is important, I believe. Consumers today want choice. If an agent pushes just one plan, they will say "ok thanks" and they will continue shopping.

They don't just want choice, they want the most choice! B'dunk a dunk!

Sorry for the rim shot but I couldn't resist. Let me know you specs for downloading MostChoice leads directly into your system. We already integrate with Norvax and Quotit will be integrated once I get past this !#$@ incorrectly formatted string error! You can see what our leads look like (the information we collect) on the example pages on our website. Just go to the Insurance Leads page and you will see a list in the left bar.

Thanks.

Back