Offering Website Work, Great Discount.

ggbh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Good Morning Everyone!

Well, my husband got me going in the insurance business with him. He talked my ear off on it! I was severely debating it.

So yesterday, I just finished my 40 hour class for the 2-15 & passed. Now, on to the State exam.:cool:

We are going mom & pop style, and I have completed setting us up legally as an agency as well. Meeting with brokers, FMO, etc. Lots of work and studying it all was timely - hence I disappeared for a bit from this site. Plus, my current webdesign accounts I had to work on.

Someone here, I believe was interested in some work, so I thought I'd post this morning with a very, good offer.

With that said, my old business was web design - I'm leaving it for insurance. I was sad at first, because I enjoy it...but I met another girl who just sticks with this in her insurance agency. So, I'm hoping as our agency grows, eventually I will just head up all our IT work. Not bad, eh? Her and I have become good friends.

So, 2 points:

Point1 (More of an Announcement - READ First):
There is one last major project I will be working on, which is creating my own crm/cms system software for our company.

-I don't like cloud.
-I don't like the monthly fees one has to pay for it. (or per agent use).
-I even want our own database protected with me having all client information in the palms of my hands - for marketing.
-I prefer my own security.
-I'll patent it and insure it! ;)
-I want to have my own decisions to update to new ideas.
-And other programs fall short for me, if I want to even fork out 1,000 for a good one. They design them for all different types of businesses, and not just insurance. And the insurance ones I look at, just give me a hard time tweaking them - software rights.

I'd like to hear some feedback, to see if I need to add something else to my schematics. I've already developed a framework, and now need to create the modules (about another 2 months worth of work). Each write up for a module takes about 3-4 full days (including security). I've got about 18 now in my design flow. Modules are items that you may like to use, such as calendar-appointments, invoicing, collaboration, etc.

So, let me know.

Point 2:

Basically, I'm doing a transition, but still want to make money on the side as I set myself and my husband up. I figure about another 2 months of web work.

But, with what is coming up, and me being in the office...I don't have time to leave it to meet people myself. SO.....

Since I'm going into insurance, I thought I'd post here for some side work because I learned a lot (especially from cms.org, etc.). I'm no longer thinking as simple a designer....but as an insurance agent. It totally changes the approach/perspectives on internet work. I learned a huge amount; especially marketing rules, regulations, etc.

Here is our website that I just put up last week. I've already been indexed, and got hit with 14 clicks, 60 impressions - this is how fast I'm working on it. That's good for just launching.

barakatinsuranceagency(dot)com.

Bare in mind, that my husband was a military guy, and this was the style he picked. He also has a mobile site coming up. He loves these colors.

As we get appointed, you will find things changing over time on the site. New articles and more. I will tweak things here and there. Use the Nivo screen for our advertisements (ie: 1st slide). Marketing materials are being sent to me. And, where I have our logins, that is where I intend to put my newly created program.

Also, please flip through his socials. (I really enjoyed this). I have a Youtube channel being branded (we will be making our own videos), and I designed him a nice FB and Google Plus. Every article I put on his website, will be backed linked to tons of blogs. These are being completely fired up at the end of the weekend when he comes back from New Jersey. Two accounts I just opened yesterday for him was with delicious & Twitter - he needs squidoo and more. All of this is solid ground work for SEO. I had to sit and explain to him how to use it - adding everything to his phone.

I also established him an online 'meet and greet' - we will promote it. I will link up free webinars and more.

Interestingly, I am also going to establish him a conference room on second life. He doesn't get it yet, but he'll get use to it. I've tried to explain that if people there are paying 1,000s for a virtual house, then they will pay 100.00 for a good term life policy, etc. It's all about networking. Yes, world of Warcraft and virtual sites are powerful spenders - over billions per year. Huge untapped market. I wouldn't advise this, unless you like virtual worlds.

If you are interested in trying it out for fun, I will send you my name to link up on SL.

He will also have about 50 other websites (each growing over time), where some will have simple 1 page landing directed to his main site, and others for different things. I'm also filing for ABN numbers and more overseas to target American working overseas. Our site was hit by Canadians and Australians already.

With that said:

I really don't want to take on heavy projects. But, I'm offering something like 300.00 for a modern 5 page website, that includes writings pictures and more. (You pick colors - most agents are red, white and blue - my husband is just different). Or, landing page for about $150.00. A mobile site for about $250.00 There are no monthly fees, and all I would need is your FTP #, username and password. (I'm in, and then I'm out).

I would define this work offered more as a 2nd website...or perhaps you just need to start getting out there.

If you need help, I will provide tidbits and more after you sign-up to teach you how to handle things on your own. Saving you lots of money down the road.

If you want me to do article writing, and set up social accounts for good marketing, let me know - fix your FB. I'll do five accounts 2 articles for 300.00. These articles will be pinned on the 5 accounts, and back linked to you. You will need to provide me your passwords, if I'm not creating them myself.

Each job task would be completed in 1 week. 1/2 down and the other 1/2 upon completion and approval. It will be pinned (online), and then released once receiving final payment. And I would need to schedule you in.

I'm not doing e-commerce sites anymore. Please don't ask me. I'm finishing my last one later on today.

Please remember, that I will only be offering this work for the next 2 months. Medicare season is coming up, and you'll need things marketed prior to October 15th. These are cheap ways to advertise!

Ok....have a great one. If you need me...here is my address:

ggbh(at)live.com

129154356572946758.jpg

Well, being I think a week later....I'm booked. Thanks for letting me post here though. Ironically, I got no members from this website, but people who cruised through it. Interesting...yes?

But, in the meantime, if anyone needs some help or tidbits, I'll be around. Your more than welcomed to ask.

Thanks for letting me post my offer though. Appreciate it!

Well, being I think a week later....I'm booked. Thanks for letting me post here though. Ironically, I got no members from this website, but people who cruised through it. Interesting...yes?

Curious. You are saying you didn't pick up any clients from this site? So how did you get booked solid so quickly? I ask because I'm partners in a website design business (for several years, but now under a new name) and we're always looking for new places to market the service, as well as learning new/better marketing techniques.

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, my husband got me going in the insurance business with him. He talked my ear off on it! I was severely debating it.

So yesterday, I just finished my 40 hour class for the 2-15 & passed. Now, on to the State exam.:cool:

We are going mom & pop style, and I have completed setting us up legally as an agency as well. Meeting with brokers, FMO, etc. Lots of work and studying it all was timely - hence I disappeared for a bit from this site. Plus, my current webdesign accounts I had to work on.

Someone here, I believe was interested in some work, so I thought I'd post this morning with a very, good offer.

With that said, my old business was web design - I'm leaving it for insurance. I was sad at first, because I enjoy it...but I met another girl who just sticks with this in her insurance agency. So, I'm hoping as our agency grows, eventually I will just head up all our IT work. Not bad, eh? Her and I have become good friends.

So, 2 points:

Point1 (More of an Announcement - READ First):
There is one last major project I will be working on, which is creating my own crm/cms system software for our company.

-I don't like cloud.
-I don't like the monthly fees one has to pay for it. (or per agent use).
-I even want our own database protected with me having all client information in the palms of my hands - for marketing.
-I prefer my own security.
-I'll patent it and insure it! ;)
-I want to have my own decisions to update to new ideas.
-And other programs fall short for me, if I want to even fork out 1,000 for a good one. They design them for all different types of businesses, and not just insurance. And the insurance ones I look at, just give me a hard time tweaking them - software rights.

I'd like to hear some feedback, to see if I need to add something else to my schematics. I've already developed a framework, and now need to create the modules (about another 2 months worth of work). Each write up for a module takes about 3-4 full days (including security). I've got about 18 now in my design flow. Modules are items that you may like to use, such as calendar-appointments, invoicing, collaboration, etc.

So, let me know.

Point 2:

Basically, I'm doing a transition, but still want to make money on the side as I set myself and my husband up. I figure about another 2 months of web work.

But, with what is coming up, and me being in the office...I don't have time to leave it to meet people myself. SO.....

Since I'm going into insurance, I thought I'd post here for some side work because I learned a lot (especially from cms.org, etc.). I'm no longer thinking as simple a designer....but as an insurance agent. It totally changes the approach/perspectives on internet work. I learned a huge amount; especially marketing rules, regulations, etc.

Here is our website that I just put up last week. I've already been indexed, and got hit with 14 clicks, 60 impressions - this is how fast I'm working on it. That's good for just launching.

barakatinsuranceagency(dot)com.

Bare in mind, that my husband was a military guy, and this was the style he picked. He also has a mobile site coming up. He loves these colors.

As we get appointed, you will find things changing over time on the site. New articles and more. I will tweak things here and there. Use the Nivo screen for our advertisements (ie: 1st slide). Marketing materials are being sent to me. And, where I have our logins, that is where I intend to put my newly created program.

Also, please flip through his socials. (I really enjoyed this). I have a Youtube channel being branded (we will be making our own videos), and I designed him a nice FB and Google Plus. Every article I put on his website, will be backed linked to tons of blogs. These are being completely fired up at the end of the weekend when he comes back from New Jersey. Two accounts I just opened yesterday for him was with delicious & Twitter - he needs squidoo and more. All of this is solid ground work for SEO. I had to sit and explain to him how to use it - adding everything to his phone.

I also established him an online 'meet and greet' - we will promote it. I will link up free webinars and more.

Interestingly, I am also going to establish him a conference room on second life. He doesn't get it yet, but he'll get use to it. I've tried to explain that if people there are paying 1,000s for a virtual house, then they will pay 100.00 for a good term life policy, etc. It's all about networking. Yes, world of Warcraft and virtual sites are powerful spenders - over billions per year. Huge untapped market. I wouldn't advise this, unless you like virtual worlds.

If you are interested in trying it out for fun, I will send you my name to link up on SL.

He will also have about 50 other websites (each growing over time), where some will have simple 1 page landing directed to his main site, and others for different things. I'm also filing for ABN numbers and more overseas to target American working overseas. Our site was hit by Canadians and Australians already.

With that said:

I really don't want to take on heavy projects. But, I'm offering something like 300.00 for a modern 5 page website, that includes writings pictures and more. (You pick colors - most agents are red, white and blue - my husband is just different). Or, landing page for about $150.00. A mobile site for about $250.00 There are no monthly fees, and all I would need is your FTP #, username and password. (I'm in, and then I'm out).

I would define this work offered more as a 2nd website...or perhaps you just need to start getting out there.

If you need help, I will provide tidbits and more after you sign-up to teach you how to handle things on your own. Saving you lots of money down the road.

If you want me to do article writing, and set up social accounts for good marketing, let me know - fix your FB. I'll do five accounts 2 articles for 300.00. These articles will be pinned on the 5 accounts, and back linked to you. You will need to provide me your passwords, if I'm not creating them myself.

Each job task would be completed in 1 week. 1/2 down and the other 1/2 upon completion and approval. It will be pinned (online), and then released once receiving final payment. And I would need to schedule you in.

I'm not doing e-commerce sites anymore. Please don't ask me. I'm finishing my last one later on today.

Please remember, that I will only be offering this work for the next 2 months. Medicare season is coming up, and you'll need things marketed prior to October 15th. These are cheap ways to advertise!

Ok....have a great one. If you need me...here is my address:

ggbh(at)live.com

Nice looking site, a little "dark", but nonetheless nice design and layout.

You just now figured out he is not a top insurance salesman?

I have to agree with Senior on this. I've been on this board for six years and I would think that by now most people know that insurance has always been a less-then-full-time endeavor for me.

Most people know that I run a book publishing biz, a web service, and, of course the insurance biz. And I think most people here know that I have a broad and deep background in computer technology.

Finally, I think (thought) most people here knew that I've done websites for others for years, going back to the late 90s. The only change is that we have a new name and paradigm.

John P. and I correspond daily and have for a long time. I doubt anyone would be surprised by that either. Some of you might remember how, six years ago, John had a program where for a $250 fee he would teach all he knew about selling IFP. He got me into this biz. Best $250 I ever spent.

I've always had several centers/sources of income my entire life. The past couple of years all I sell is Med Supps, and non-med term life, neither product requires a lot of time, effort, study, or marketing (if you have a good referral base... which I learned from the late Frank S... who mentored me in Medicare as he did so many others.)

So I don't see what the fuss is that "lifeagent" and "senior" are making. There is nothing new here that I can see. I've never claimed to be a "top" insurance man. I can't think of anyone on this board who has ... or is.

If these men have some issue about me or anyone having multiple business enterprises, well they will have to deal with it. But there is nothing new here.

Perhaps they should start a Pre-Paid Legal biz? :biggrin: ;)

Back