Office 365 / Exchange Email Through Godaddy

Larry Tew

Guru
1000 Post Club
Raleigh
Godaddy has dropped their IMAP email and has been bundling Office 365 as their mail offering since the first of the year. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

The product offering is the same as everyone else, Office 365 hosted by and maintained by Microsoft, however, GoDaddy provides decent support as compared to other third party resellers. You should also look at Rackspace as well as Microsoft direct.

Last edited:
I've heard good things about Rackspace, but if I'm not mistaken, they have a $10/monthly minimum for their basic service ($2 per box) or their price is $10 per month per email adress for MS Exchange.

I'm leaning towards Office 365 because I'm running Office 2007 and it's probably time to upgrade. I also like the ability to sync across devices and maybe I could get some benefit from Lync.

My very simple website is on Godaddy now and my own experience is that since 2006 I just haven't had problems with them - and I can get someone on the phone within 5 minutes 90% of the time. Compare that to my call to Hostgator today... on hold 22 minutes before hanging up.

I must say that since Bob Parsons left Godaddy, they seem to be working at turning perception around.

I've heard good things about Rackspace, but if I'm not mistaken, they have a $10/monthly minimum for their basic service ($2 per box) or their price is $10 per month per email adress for MS Exchange.

I'm leaning towards Office 365 because I'm running Office 2007 and it's probably time to upgrade. I also like the ability to sync across devices and maybe I could get some benefit from Lync.

My very simple website is on Godaddy now and my own experience is that since 2006 I just haven't had problems with them - and I can get someone on the phone within 5 minutes 90% of the time. Compare that to my call to Hostgator today... on hold 22 minutes before hanging up.

I must say that since Bob Parsons left Godaddy, they seem to be working at turning perception around.

Have you considered using Google apps?

I use GoDaddy with Office365 for my Exchange mail and simple WordPress web hosting. It is very easy to use, great support, and I have the latest Office apps.

Have you considered using Google apps?

In passing. I'm so entrenched in Word, Outlook, Excel, etc that I don't think I want to change that. I've also heard rumblings about Google Apps and privacy issues, though I don't know how correct that is.

The one thing I'm sure of is that Hostgator has turned from a golden nugget to a POS in a year's time.

In passing. I'm so entrenched in Word, Outlook, Excel, etc that I don't think I want to change that. I've also heard rumblings about Google Apps and privacy issues, though I don't know how correct that is.

The one thing I'm sure of is that Hostgator has turned from a golden nugget to a POS in a year's time.

Larry-

I can understand your concerns. Read this link about Google Apps and privacy (well, technically HIPAA) issues:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/3407054?hl=en

It's a great way to protect data and use a great service. I've used it for years (and I used MS365 for a year or so), and I prefer the Google services.

Either way, it's nice to know that Google has some HIPAA layers of privacy included. But most agents aren't using it, or don't know about it.

I went forward with the Office 365 through Godaddy. Yesterday the price for their "Productivity Plus" option was $14.99/mo if paid annually ($180). Today the price was half - $180 for 2 years (monthly average of $7.50) including the PC version for 5 devices.

Hey on the subject of Microsoft 365 do you guys know if that includes the calendar feature as well it seems to me that I tested it through GoDaddy and I wasn't able to use the calendar feature on my iPad but does anybody know if that is different on PC?

Back