Please Critique My Med-Supp Website

FEChaser

Expert
NC
OK, I am new here, Great Forums, glad to be on board. Been lurking for some time now and thought I'd see if you folks would review my web site and make suggestions to improve its lead generation (which to date has been nil).

The site is geared to the NC Med-Supp population with a educational theme combined with a "plan price look up". I have used adword campaigns with decent funnel flow (google analytics), potential clients are stepping through as many as 12 steps to study my medicare message but they just won't bite (call me).

Originally the site covered everything from Medicare to ACA Plans, LTC, FE... all life & health products. Then I realized it may have come across over the top. So I set up a simple 4 page intro to sit "in front" of my original site to see if that would improve my lead generation (it did not). You can go to the original site from the last "read more" page. I simply want to generate Med-Supp leads. BUT, so far, it "ain't" working.

Any input would greatly appreciated.

"FrankMillsEsure.com"

(Sorry, I do not have enough posts yet to post a URL)

FEChaser

OK, I am new here, Great Forums, glad to be on board. Been lurking for some time now and thought I'd see if you folks would review my web site and make suggestions to improve its lead generation (which to date has been nil).

The site is geared to the NC Med-Supp population with a educational theme combined with a "plan price look up". I have used adword campaigns with decent funnel flow (google analytics), potential clients are stepping through as many as 12 steps to study my medicare message but they just won't bite (call me).

Originally the site covered everything from Medicare to ACA Plans, LTC, FE... all life & health products. Then I realized it may have come across over the top. So I set up a simple 4 page intro to sit "in front" of my original site to see if that would improve my lead generation (it did not). You can go to the original site from the last "read more" page. I simply want to generate Med-Supp leads. BUT, so far, it "ain't" working.

Any input would greatly appreciated.

"FrankMillsEsure.com"

(Sorry, I do not have enough posts yet to post a URL)

FEChaser

I don't like the averaging deal.

"I promise there will be no sells pressure" ...should be sales.

I only saw one page and it seemed kind of boring.

I just made my own and I haven't added the google analytics yet. I haven't had a bite in a month. At this point, mine is for credibility, but I eventually want to generate leads.

From what I've read it's important to blog and have a responsive site. I haven't done either one yet. I'm still thinking paying somebody that knows what they're doing.:laugh:

1. Your site shows two different things when you go to http://www.frankmillsesure.com/ and http://www.frankmillsesure.com/#!home/mainPage. Which one is your site.
  2. Way to slow to load. 3.7 seconds on a fast connection.
  3. The page is way too large for the elements on the page. 1.4 Megabytes.
  4. The only clear call to action is way at the bottom. The lookup forms even with the arrows is not clear.
  5. Sites like Wix are AJAX loaded. Older search engines do not know how to index AJAX loaded website. Google and Bing can, Yahoo is getting there. Stick with traditional HTML sites first.
  6. Needs engagement. Photos. Content.
  7. This is a good line, "In my humble opinion, Medicare is simply one of the best social programs ever instituted by our Federal Government....But it is complicated!" Yet it is relegated way below the fold (the part people see when they first load your site).
  8. You need to better explain Plan F, Plan G, Plan N. Remember people are looking to you to be a educational resource not just get a rate that they can get from someone else.
  9. Some other page insights can be found here. https://developers.google.com/speed...rl=http://www.frankmillsesure.com/&tab=mobile

This page http://www.medicareline.org/ loads in 1.1 seconds on first load and only transfers 1.3 Megabytes. You get a lot more visually on this site with better performance.

This is the problem of using a site like Wix. To make it easy for you to build they allow you to add a lot of stuff you are not using (fonts, and bootstrap).

I hope this gives your some help.

Last edited:
  1. Your site shows two different things when you go to Frank Mills Insurance | Medicare & Life | Sanford, NC and Frank Mills Insurance | Medicare & Life | Sanford, NC. Which one is your site.
  2. Way to slow to load. 3.7 seconds on a fast connection.
  3. The page is way too large for the elements on the page. 1.4 Megabytes.
  4. The only clear call to action is way at the bottom. The lookup forms even with the arrows is not clear.
  5. Sites like WX are AJAX loaded. Older search engines do not know how to index AJAX loaded website. Google and Bing can, Yahoo is getting there. Stick with traditional HTML sites first.
  6. Needs engagement. Photos. Content.
  7. This is a good line, "In my humble opinion, Medicare is simply one of the best social programs ever instituted by our Federal Government....But it is complicated!" Yet it is relegated way below the fold (the part people see when they first load your site).
  8. You need to better explain Plan F, Plan G, Plan N. Remember people are looking to you to be a educational resource not just get a rate that they can get from someone else.
  9. Some other page insights can be found here. https://developers.google.com/speed...rl=http://www.frankmillsesure.com/&tab=mobile

This page Medicare Supplement Plans, Turning 65, Long Term Care, Fixed Annuities - Medicareline loads in 1.1 seconds on first load and only transfers 1.3 Megabytes. You get a lot more visually on this site with better performance.

This is the problem of using a site like WX. To make it easy for you to build they allow you to add a lot of stuff you are not using (fonts, and bootstrap).

I hope this gives your some help.

When you say WX, is that the same as Wix?

Hey Goillini, thanks for the spell check and comments.
Laird, the first URL you posted is a front "for lack of a better expression" that I created to give the impression of a different, more simple site. Strictly for Med-Supps. The second URL is the main site that covers Medicare, ACA Plans, FE, LTC, and a host of Life & Health products. It is full of content plus videos, I developed it in 2014. I used PPC for it and got good flow through but no leads. To experiment with a more simple site, I quickly wrote up a 4 page preview (the first URL) dedicated to Med Supps alone to see if simplicity would generate leads. Neither attempt has generated any leads. The original site has been a great credibility builder but no leads. I would love to hear your comments about the original site. Should I go back to it? simplify it? Better call for actions? I know WIX is a simple builder and I have experience woth Word Press, but I'd hate to start over. I probably have 500 hours invested in the original site.

FEChaser,

The old website is okay. It will get better engagement on PPC due to your issues with your main landing page. It still has poor call to action but is better on the other elements (still large and slow though).

I would suggest that you use some of the points from the following page to create a lazy landing page.

Generate Leads with a Lazy Landing Page - ITC Marketing Blog

I would also keep your credibility site going and get a second domain for your PPC and directed medsup campaign.

Laird

Nice mountain graphic but takes up too much space and forces the "meat" below the fold.

I would never suggest offering average rates. That is essentially meaningless and can be confusing to prospects.

If I understand your intro (above) it takes a prospect 12 steps to get to "call me".

12 steps is great for those in recovery but not so good for prospects.

Most people DO want to be educated but they approach if from the perspective of show me a good rate and then I will decide if it is worth my time to go through the 12 step program.

Hey Goillini, thanks for the spell check and comments.
Laird, the first URL you posted is a front "for lack of a better expression" that I created to give the impression of a different, more simple site. Strictly for Med-Supps. The second URL is the main site that covers Medicare, ACA Plans, FE, LTC, and a host of Life & Health products. It is full of content plus videos, I developed it in 2014. I used PPC for it and got good flow through but no leads. To experiment with a more simple site, I quickly wrote up a 4 page preview (the first URL) dedicated to Med Supps alone to see if simplicity would generate leads. Neither attempt has generated any leads. The original site has been a great credibility builder but no leads. I would love to hear your comments about the original site. Should I go back to it? simplify it? Better call for actions? I know WIX is a simple builder and I have experience woth Word Press, but I'd hate to start over. I probably have 500 hours invested in the original site.

I like your old site a lot better. It does take a lot of time to put it together.

I just copied and pasted all my content from Somarco's site.

Somarco,
Believe it or not, I got the idea of a more "to the point" web site form your site! I liked its lay-out and straight talk language. I was also reading somewhere on the forum about your getting leads from your site so I said to myself "I need to do what he is doing". But so far it has not created any leads. The revamped site has been up for about 60 days now.

By 12 steps, I did not meant that a prospect went through 12 steps to get to a "call me". I was referring to google analytics that shows graphically want the prospect is viewing and pages he is visiting. The more he visits and views the more he is engaged with the site's content, meaning I got their attention. BUT, the leads have not flowed forth. After reading what Laird's site said about lazy landing pages, looks like I have more work to do. I may drop the simple site effort and redesign my landing page and create more of them for each subject possibly. Man, my site has been a work in progress that just has not got me there!

Back