Pop-up Video Intro. on Site

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Anyone experimented with using video of yourself on any pages of your site? (not looking for x-rated responses:1laugh:)

Kicking around the idea of having video made of each staff member introducing themselves, their experience, expertise, etc on our "about us" page.

Videos are great. Auto-play videos are not. Nothing will make a prospect hit the back-button away from your site faster than startling them with a loud "HELLO!!! WELCOME TO OUR VIRTUAL INSURANCE OFFICE!!! WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE HERE!!!" booming out of their computer speakers. If you add video to your site, make sure your visitor is in control of starting it.

I have a question regarding videos and it has been on my mind for a while.

Would a "Video Page" be worthwhile where I put all of my videos (I must have about 20) and let them click on what they like? Or would it look like a garbled mess?

Roy must win tonight.

I HATE videos (and audio) that automatically plays when I'm on a web page. Most of the time, this comes on when I'm on the phone with someone and had the volume of my computer up a bit.

I've gotten really good at pressing the mute button, then closing the webpage.

Videos are a great marketing tool though. Just use them correctly.

Dan

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the videos that automatically start playing when you go to the page. I was thinking of the employees photo and the option to click on an introduction link to access each employee's video

we have one set up with the video poppin right up. I dont like it much, it seems like there is always a delay in the webpage opening up initially and that might cause people to leave the site before it even opens up, not sure if that can be fixed.

I much prefer an imbedded youtube video that doesn't automatically turn on. If I want to listen to what you have to say, I'll hit play.

A really cool way to do them, put pictures on the site that when clicked load lightboxed videos in center of the screen, or just embed them from youtube or vimeo.

Back