Privacy Policy Page

elitemind

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was on the phone with a search engine rep.(Mircosoft Adwords Center), and she noticed that I didn't have a privacy policy page. I have initially thought about a privacy page when I had my site designed, but never added one. The rep claims that if the search engine spiders crawl my site and they don't find a privacy page then it will block my ads. I have noticed that many of the sites on here are missing the privacy policy page. Has anyone heard of this before and had their ads blocked?

Anyway I will generate a page for the search engine guidelines, and I feel it makes sense. Major carriers have them on their lead capture pages.

Last edited:
Search engines don't block your site for missing a privacy policy, it is one of the features they look for to rank your pages, along with a sitemap, about page and services page. If you are missing one of these, your rank won't be as high.

Kristopher B. Jones advocates getting a Privacy Page as well in his book Search Engine Optimization. He says on Page 68 of his book that "Many in the SEO community theorize that having a privacy policy page can help to show the search engine algorithms that you are in fact a legitimate business".

m_blocker,
you mentioned that an "about" & "services" page weigh in on the rankings. what if i have essentially an "about" page already, but don't have it titled as such?

and what in the world is a "services" page? isn't that what a sitemap is for? where am i going wrong here?

A services page is an overview of your services, many sites create about and services pages and then create links at the bottom of the page to link to those pages, the same with the privacy policy. The SE bots can then easily find those pages and rank you accordingly.

Back