Questions Regarding Creating Your Own Website...

When you go out to meet a client you don't go in sloppy sweats and a ragged t-shirt do you? Send your website to people "dressed" they way you would go if you were going to meet them for the first time.

Really depends on the mood. During the spring/summers hours I normally come like this......

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
My aunt's apartment burnt up last month in a fire (she is fine.) Everyone at the scene was saying "I hope she has lots of insurance." So it made me check the domain name www.lotsofinsurance.com and it was available. I'm not sure if it is a good name or not because it looks more like "lot so finance." It's hard to come up with a good domain that is not taken.

InsuranceQuestionsToAsk.com is available.

It is possible that I may attempt to build my own website. I own the domains Ohioquotes.com and Majormedicalhealth.com and would probably use them for the site.

OK...here's my experience in web design:

Did you see that blank space? Now, you get the picture. I would like to build a nice one, with decent graphics, links etc... I am NOT interested in one of those sites that is up and running in 15 minutes. The good thing is that I am willing to take my time and spend up to 3-6 months tinkering with it before it is up and running. One final thing-It is not imperative that my site is at the top of the search engines for people wanting an Ohio Health Insurance Quote. At least, not at this time.

I have seen some snazzy web sites that you guys (and gals) have, and I'm quite impressed with some of them.

Where do I start? Can I do it myself? I would ask Sam, but I have asked him 497 questions in the last 3 months and I am only allowed 500.

I appreciate your time.

Thanks

Chumps From Oxford
Tyre, Lebanon....well...not really.

I use this software to build my site http://www.vodahost.com/bv/index.htm

It has all of the funtions you want, is easy to learn and use and, best of all, it is free.

You can publish right from the software if you are going to host with them. I don't so I save each page source as html file and ftp them to my host. works great!

Dave
www.davefluker.com

All I know is your website is your suit and tie. If you wouldn't meet a client in a 10 year old suit that didn't fit and a cheap JC Penny tie then make sure your website looks great. When I plan on buying something from anyone if go to their site and it's cheezy or blanantly looks cheap I'm gone. To me it says a lot about someone who claims to run a business yet clearly doesn't have the money for a good website.

Dave -

Love your site. Tried downloading the software and it kept sending me back to the index page. It appears you can't download unless you sign up for hosting.

Did some scratching around on the web and someone said you can't save as HTML.

I have used Nvu and have been pleased. Easy to use program. I have used it for about a year.

Dave -

Love your site. Tried downloading the software and it kept sending me back to the index page. It appears you can't download unless you sign up for hosting.

Did some scratching around on the web and someone said you can't save as HTML.

I have used Nvu and have been pleased. Easy to use program. I have used it for about a year.

I think you have to fill out the two blocks on the page and it will email you the download link.

I save it every day when I do updates. Just select "preview in browser" then when it opens the page in the browser, click on "view" then "view source" and it opens in notepad (Windows) and you can save that as an html file. Then just upload that file on your ftp and you are good.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

Back