Quote Forms on Front Page

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
What do you guys suggest for lead generating on the front page?

name & phone - for follow up call

prequalifying info (5-7 entries) - then quote then call with a proposal to talk about

actual quote info (probably like 20+ fields) and get a actual final quote

i'm not sure if i want name&phone or prequalify info. (my website will have specific quote forms for my niche inside the website or direct links to their landing page)

i know actual quote info is too long and people dont commit to it.

We have seen the best page view to conversion ratio for front page forms that ask; name, phone, email, line of business, and no more than two additional qualifying questions.

Any more and conversions suffer.

If you attempt to pre-qualify them on the form you are wasting your time and theirs. Keep in mind that many (most?) will either fail to put correct contact information on the form, will never answer your call, do not have voice mail or will not respond to your calls/email, etc.

All you really want is contact info and an idea of what product/service they want.

I use a quote engine on my sites (health insurance, Medicare), not a quote request form. Most folks want instant info vs. complete a form and wait on someone to respond.

This is a self-serve, I want it now generation and "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up".

Get used to it.

My quote buttons ask for name, phone, email , address, DOB, gender, tobacco use. I require all of this information. In the past I made address optional.

Sometimes if they will give me their correct street address even if they lie about the phone and email. For those people I send a pre-printed post card that is hand addressed and gives rates in the body.

Hi _______________

Thank you for visiting my site. Just in case you missed it, rates on our most popular plan are $________ per month.

Let me know if you have questions.

take care,

Bob

This is an abbreviated version of my Medigap letter. I always quote the best rate for a plan most of my clients buy AFTER they are educated on the choices.

This is not the same plan most agents push, which gives me an opportunity to talk to them when other agents are promoting the same old plan. You have to find ways to differentiate yourself from the rest of the crowd and play to your strengths.

That's great Jack. Medigap and major med is considered a commodity by most and everyone thinks they understand it. More of a pedestrian product.

But LTC is different. Most can't even spell it.

That article, i read many times, he is my inspiration... I always wanted to bridge my internet/web skills with insurance. but i want to only lead gen through online and make the sale face to face

I always thought having enough information to follow up call with a rate is better than calling saying oh i see youre interested, i need more information from you.

I thought about making a name email phone form, and then after it submits, another form pops up, to reduce time you can fill this out or wait for me to contact you.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
That's great Jack. Medigap and major med is considered a commodity by most and everyone thinks they understand it. More of a pedestrian product.

But LTC is different. Most can't even spell it.

Ha, I sure do not understand major med it med supps!

I do know when I used to buy LTC leads, though, from vendors, i got a lot of fake names, addresses and numbers. But i never do anymore through my site. Not sure why i dont to be honest.

im thinking about offering a free ipad sweepstake for people who put in info. But not sure if that would backfire or actually draw in enough customers.

Back