Reasonable Amount for Website

So I have started inquiring and searching for someone to redesign my WordPress site and train me in how to work it. With that, I've gotten quotes from 1,850 to 2,230. How do I know what to pay someone a fair price when the pricing is all over the map.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

The key is choosing a consultant that can understand your target market and design your website for your target market. Price differential is somewhat irrelevant because 1 policy sold will cover any differential. So the key is to just work with the designer you feel brings the most to the table from a consultative approach. If you feel your website will possibly aid you in competitive situations, the design becomes even more critical.

Ltcadviser makes a good point...the right sale pays your differential. I think this goes back to my initial point of really thinking thru how you will use your site.

I agree with LTCAdvisor.

Those who are recommending using generic templates don't understand the power of a website that performs and coverts well.

When I first started marketing my website with a nice looking "template", I'd convert around 2%-3% of my visitors into leads (2-3 leads per 100 visitors). Everyone told me I had a good looking site and I was proud of it. Over the years I started making tweaks and optimizing for conversions. I now convert 6%+ of my organic visitors into leads on all my websites.

I mention this because partnering with someone who understands your industry and these metrics is the most important thing here.

To answer your question, that pricing is definitely in line if they understand your business and your target market.

Jeff is spot on, but people are also coming from different places. Some agents just need a site up so they can have one to send people to vs lead generation. If you're going to spend any amount of time and money on trying to make the website generate leads, absolutely, forget about the template sites and add a zero to the price tag.

Website design and Lead Generation/Conversion are two different areas of expertise. Don't assume because someone is an expert in one area that they are an expert in both.

I agree with LTCAdvisor. Those who are recommending using generic templates don't understand the power of a website that performs and coverts well. When I first started marketing my website with a nice looking "template", I'd convert around 2%-3% of my visitors into leads (2-3 leads per 100 visitors). Everyone told me I had a good looking site and I was proud of it. Over the years I started making tweaks and optimizing for conversions. I now convert 6%+ of my organic visitors into leads on all my websites. I mention this because partnering with someone who understands your industry and these metrics is the most important thing here. To answer your question, that pricing is definitely in line if they understand your business and your target market.

What's you website?

One thing I learned is that the do-it-yourself sites, as well as wordpress is a lot more work and has a steeper learning curve, AND takes a lot more time than they would have you believe.

I suppose you can find someone to do a nice site for you for $500, especially if done by someone in India or China.

Unless you are somewhat technical, please be somewhat skeptical when people tell you "it's easy."

If you have more time than money, by all means do your own site. You will save the money but you WILL lose the time.

I'm glad I don't have to eek out a living for those of you who think you should be able to buy a website for $500. That won't even motivate me to get out of bed. Let me ask you all something, that is, you buyers of $500 web sites. Are you simply looking for "pretty" or do you actually want results? Because a website that generates results costs real money, because it takes real talent and real time. So, if all you want is pretty, go ahead and waste your $500. It helps me sleep better at night knowing you'll never be my competition in the search engines. :1biggrin:

agree!! The challenge I am having with pulling the trigger on the $2200+ is developing its goals and thinking of my image layout! etc. I feel like that maybe why we just give in a spend the $500 bc we are made to sell and lack that creative gene. As an agent most have no problem splendid that money on leads, mailiers, etc. it's the lack of vision that a site. Am I making sense at all?

Back