Referral/Recommendation for SEO Work

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
Hello!

It's been awhile since I've posted. I was hoping to get a couple of names for SEO work and perhaps a website re-do/freshening. We have a family-owned and operated firm in San Diego and have been through more SEO folks than I care to admit.

Please feel free to PM me and thank you in advance for your help.

Hound

MY SEO expertise is second to many, but first to few.

For $129 per month, you get:

Guaranteed unique advice to your niche, as long as others don't share my advice.

Guaranteed Page 4 and 5 for two key phrases.

My "Meta Chgecker" that ensures that all of your words are spelled correctly and Meta tags are maximized.

100% money back on unused part of pro-rated premium (after fees).

Offer good through June 21st.

Billingsley And Mathers SEO Services
Mansfield Ohio
Service Since 1981

I am using a company that does work for among others, Geico. Message me if you want their info. Plan on spending a ton though if you send that message.

SEO can vary in price immensely, from the blackhat diversity links to the authority genuine outreach links.

The problem with many SEO companies is they're are just outreach and outsourcing companies. You're lucky to find something they actually do in house. And finding SEO agencies that can do content properly without charging you an arm and a leg (for good stuff) is exceedingly rare.

And now that Google's algo's are getting smarter and can see beyond keywords to understanding topics and synonyms of keywords - it's forcing the way SEO's operate (at least the good ones) to change.

You might see the articles popup once a month, that SEO is dead - and they're right, SEO is dying. It's becoming Content Marketing.
Those fluffer top 5 posts aren't going to cut it anymore, nor are the posts that are less than 1000 words - unless you find a uncompetitive niche. Unfortunately unless you're into P&C, finding competitive niches are proving harder as each year passes.

Local SEO is around $250-$500 per month depending on the onboarding fee. This will get you ranking in the local 3 pack above the organic search engine results. Not much help unless you do P&C or are in a large metropolitan area where people are looking for "agents".

Organic SEO can cost THOUSANDS a month, if they provide good quality content and not some cheap foreign writer then definitely count on spending thousands per month. And this still isn't a guarantee that you rank!

Here's the skinny on SEO - it's always changing! Google's algo's make it tough to rank consistently after every algo update, unless you have great quality content and that's all you're focused on. This will ALWAYS happen because Google is a paid advertiser plain and simple (90% of their income is derived from ads) and SEO sites are it's competitors.

Building backlinks just for backlinks sake will get your site penalized, and could ruin all the invested money in content you paid up to that penalizing moment. Can you disregard backlinks and submit them to google to get them "forgotten", sure you can but it's rare that a site become unpenalized if they're were involved with spam. Now all that content is tagged in the search engines, so reposting it on another domain won't work.

So somethings to know and ask your potential SEO partner is:
1. Do you outsource keyword discovery, outreach, or content?
2. What kind of reports or monthly phone calls do you offer to help explain the campaign?
3. Do you use pbn (very bad fake sites)?
4. Do you purchase authority links or just normal diversity backlinks?
5. Do you use automated link building tools?
6. Do you check TF and CF and OBL for sites you're trying to "earn" links from?
7. Do you use Press Releases? If so, what services do you distribute on (better be ONLY prnewswire)?
8. Who writes your content? How long is it typically? What's the rate per 1,000 words? Do they optimize for copywriting as well as seo?
9. Do they ask you for an indepth discovery and customer analysis so the content speaks to the audience and their problems?
10. What types of backlinks do you go after? (comment, social bookmarking, guest posts, directories, forums, Q&A sites, wikis, authority mentions, footer links, homepage links, pbns, sapes, 2nd and 3rd tier backlinks, contextual, resource, broken linkbuilding, guestographics etc.)

Keyword Research, Competitor Research, Citation Audits, and Content Audits are all necessary elements of SEO, but without good quality content - you're floating downstream without a paddle until that next algo hits!

Last edited:
Hello!

We have a family-owned and operated firm in San Diego and have been through more SEO folks than I care to admit.

Hound

There is a very good reason why this has happened to you (and a million other people).

I'm just curious as to why you keep trying, the writing is on the wall. Justin had an excellent response on the landscape of SEO. The best SEO's in the world aren't offering their services to anyone, the price would be far too high than the average company is willing to pay.

So you get the 99% our there who are scrubs, liars and cheats, and people who claim they know what they're doing but really have no clue because it takes countless hours of applying and testing theories over a long and continuous period of time to really know SEO.

SEO is a scammer's dream market. They collect $X.XX per month from clients, give them all kinds of fancy reports, show them their own domain name is "ranking" (indexed) and that Google just takes time and you can't rush things. All the while making residual income off of YOU.

If you do in fact come upon another SEO that you're considering hiring, ask them to show you the most profitable company they're currently ranking and for what keywords. If they're not willing to show you, then beware. If they do show you, feel free to post it here. In less than 5 minutes I can see if they're worth anything.

The most important part of SEO in a nutshell is high quality long form content in conjunction with quality backlinks. Both of these are a never ending endeavor.

All the on page stuff is standard that even the newest website person learns in like 2 mins.

Factors like internal linking and how you set up your silos are probably more advanced for the new person, but it won't matter much if you just continually focus on long form content and links (not crappy ones).

If someone is going to pay for SEO services the money would be best spent on link building. You just better make damn sure you are working with a legit company that isn't going to get you links that you don't want. Btw, it's not going to be cheap since any reputable company that offers link building services won't charge hundreds of dollars per month. These kinds of companies will most likely start at nothing less than $4k per month for these services.

Back