Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites

Reply to [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents     
Old 09-07-2017, 08:20 AM   #11
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
[REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents Re: [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents
Originally Posted by Justin Bilyj View Post
Sorry but scraping isnt pirating or hacking, ask Linkedin who a judge ruled against. Linkedin even sent out TONS of C&D's to companies promoting scraping (I mean pirating) of their site.

https://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-polic...ng-is-hacking/

And as far as "reputable" I think your inventing things up, Glen listed all the options, plain and simple that "cater towards agents". Looked to me that Glen actually criticized them twice in the review, for customer service and convertability. Show me where Glen promoted their service as reputable....I'll wait.

The JUDGE classified it as theft. Enough said.

Read the judgment if you dont believe me. The judge called it theft multiple times, very clearly.

And they did more than just scrape the website. They stole proprietary code.

--------------

Listing a company as a viable option for agents and calling it "too good to pass up" is insinuating that they are reputable.

He called the owner a d*ck and said the site looks crappy. But nothing about the well-documented theft that exposed their clients to legal liability. (documented officially in a court of law)

If you want to list it as an option then fine... but at least tell the whole story. jmho
Just my opinion... not sure why you are getting so defensive over me calling a thief (according to a Judge) a thief...
------------------------------------

Last edited by scagnt83; 09-07-2017 at 09:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote to [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #12
Super Genius

State: InsCommentary is an Insurance Agent from
[REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents Re: [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents
As far as content goes, my standing offer is to allow reprinting of my blog posts at www.InsuranceCommentary.com. All I ask is that my copyright notice be retained and the source attributed. Otherwise, I have well over 60,000 words in the form of almost 100 articles. Not all would be appropriate for consumers, but some of it is. And it's free.
  Reply With Quote to [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents
Old 09-08-2017, 11:24 AM   #13
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Hi Glen,

I think that there is a difference between a web design agency that caters to insurance agents and a group of successful insurance agents that also build websites (and generate most of their income the same way).

I purchased a website from Jeff (SellTermLife.com – Sell Term Life) about 1 year ago. It was an existing site that Jeff’s team redesigned for me. I wanted a site that would search online and generate leads. If you want a site that serves just as an internet storefront/online business card or something that you can promote through social media, then I’m sure that there are a lot of other options.

At the time, the site was generating 2-3 disability insurance leads per month.

I could have paid anyone to do the site redesign. The value that I received from Sell Term Life came in the form of a website that converts visitors to leads, has high converting landing pages which are useful in other marketing aspects, and access to a community that can answer any questions that I may have.

It is a lot of work writing content but I have added over 50k words to the site and my search ranking terms continue to climb. My site still needs work (on my end) and I’m always tweaking things but that is part of the process.

In the last 10 days I have generated 9 leads, many of which were organic (to be fair, that was a really good stretch…the previous 10 days I had 2 and the 10 days before that I had 6). Organic leads are mainly what I care about since the placement ratio is so much higher than my other sources (currently around 30%).

I also have a few agents in my mastermind group that have used this service who are also now generating leads online (from scratch).

Finally, Jeff runs an awesome community of very successful online insurance agencies where the majority of participants are extremely helpful with answering questions, posting best practices, and providing advice to members of all competency levels (mine being very low).

For me, the whole thought process was, why reinvent the wheel? If these guys are doing really well using a business model that I wanted to emulate, it was much easier for them to do it for me and give me the roadmap.

My two cents…
Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #14
Super Genius

State: suranceman is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ray View Post
Hi Glen,

I think that there is a difference between a web design agency that caters to insurance agents and a group of successful insurance agents that also build websites (and generate most of their income the same way).

I purchased a website from Jeff (SellTermLife.com – Sell Term Life) about 1 year ago. It was an existing site that Jeff’s team redesigned for me. I wanted a site that would search online and generate leads. If you want a site that serves just as an internet storefront/online business card or something that you can promote through social media, then I’m sure that there are a lot of other options.

At the time, the site was generating 2-3 disability insurance leads per month.

I could have paid anyone to do the site redesign. The value that I received from Sell Term Life came in the form of a website that converts visitors to leads, has high converting landing pages which are useful in other marketing aspects, and access to a community that can answer any questions that I may have.

It is a lot of work writing content but I have added over 50k words to the site and my search ranking terms continue to climb. My site still needs work (on my end) and I’m always tweaking things but that is part of the process.

In the last 10 days I have generated 9 leads, many of which were organic (to be fair, that was a really good stretch…the previous 10 days I had 2 and the 10 days before that I had 6). Organic leads are mainly what I care about since the placement ratio is so much higher than my other sources (currently around 30%).

I also have a few agents in my mastermind group that have used this service who are also now generating leads online (from scratch).

Finally, Jeff runs an awesome community of very successful online insurance agencies where the majority of participants are extremely helpful with answering questions, posting best practices, and providing advice to members of all competency levels (mine being very low).

For me, the whole thought process was, why reinvent the wheel? If these guys are doing really well using a business model that I wanted to emulate, it was much easier for them to do it for me and give me the roadmap.

My two cents…
That sounds pretty cool. Good for you man!

Are there any other agents on this forum that use his service?
Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
Guru
WinoBlues on [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by suranceman View Post

I have a couple of contracts through them. I am fortunate enough to have access to the forum. Very helpful bunch.

These guys do every day what others say can not be done.

Good selection of podcasts also.

America's Sons and Daughters http://iraqwarheroes.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8y18YFH70

WinoBlues @ Gmail.com
Old 09-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #16
Guru
Glen Shelton on [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

State: Glen Shelton is an Insurance Agent from Oregon
Glen Shelton is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
[REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents Re: [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents Glen Shelton is the thread starter for: [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ray View Post
Hi Glen,

I think that there is a difference between a web design agency that caters to insurance agents and a group of successful insurance agents that also build websites
You are absolutely right - there is a difference!

The goal with this article was to cover the 'Done-For-You' Web site building services that exist in our insurance niche.

I have worked with Jeff previously on a few different projects and would absolutely recommend him, he is awesome. His web site building service is geared more towards teaching you than being an all-in-one solution. As I said in my article, I highly recommend clicking through to each service provider to read more about their service and to make sure its a good fit for you.

I appreciate your comment here - you can also comment on the blog article itself!

----------

Originally Posted by scagnt83 View Post
Dont get me wrong Justin, I respect Glen and his article. I thought it was a good article other than the last paragraph.

Just disagree with promoting naaip as a reputable organization. A judge determined that they stole software... they are thieves according to the US Court System. I think most agents would want to know that fact when "viewing all the options out there". At least I would.
My goal was to review everyone who caters directly to Insurance Agents.

I will leave it up to the agents here on the forum and on the comments section of the blog article to enlighten agents on their thoughts and experiences with these companies.

If you feel NAAIP isn't worth working with - I appreciate you adding your input for other agents who are trying to make a decision.

Buy Exclusive Telemarketing Insurance Leads.

Visit Lead Heroes Insurance Marketing Blog.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
Guru
GreenSky on [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Glen Shelton View Post
If you feel NAAIP isn't worth working with - I appreciate you adding your input for other agents who are trying to make a decision.
Frankly Glen I don't see why you would need anyone else to point out what piles of garbage they are. If anything you should warn agents to stay away from the lying bastards. They are dishonest and stole Bob's quote engine.

Seriously, this impacts your credibility.

Rick

Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
Old 09-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #18
Guru
STIBROKER on [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

State: STIBROKER is an Insurance Agent from Texas
STIBROKER is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by suranceman View Post

Yes...................

Old 09-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #19
Guru
Josh on [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Glen Shelton View Post
Did you somehow miss that even if naaip is innocent, everyone using that site got demand letters from Bob and threats of litigation. If they're on your list at all it should be to avoid them.

I get your spiel here and I respect it, but even mentioning naaip in a way that isn't critical is a disservice to agents.

Telemarketing lists for $50/month
www.ListShack.com
Great for FE, Medicare, Auto, Homeowners, and more!
888-905-3282
Reply to [REVIEW] Top 16 Website Design Agencies Specifically for Insurance Agents 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites