SEO - Free Agent Backlink & Listing - Provider List Project

Alston

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm looking to trade links with agents. This should help all of us who participate improve our site rankings.

All you need to do is:
  1. Create a web page on your site that has links to the provider lists for your state
  2. Link back to
    Lists of Doctors: Provider Lists for Private Health Insurance Plans from that page
  3. PM me with:
  • Your Name
  • Business phone number,
  • URL of your provider list page
  • One-line slogan or sales message
I will link back to your new page, and add your information the page below:
List of Doctors

Creating a provider list page on your site should help you with or without the link exchange. I get a lot of hits from my provider page. Your potential clients will appreciate the page as well.

Free SEO Consultation
Anyone who participates (can take constructive criticism) can PM me to request 30 minutes of SEO consultation from me. I'll spend 30 minutes looking at your site and typing up an email with suggestions.

The email won't be a teaser. I don't have an SEO product or service to sell, but I'd be willing to share some of the ideas that have helped me.

Back Link Value
The page is new and I've just started promoting the site. However, over the next few months it will be promoted using at least $1,000 and various SEO strategies that have worked for my other sites. It should help the ranking of any site that has its link on it.

Your Link Placement and Formatting

You can see how your information will look by checking under the Connecticut sub-heading. This is the my home state.

Other Information
I will only link to pages that are focused on the provider lists of the individual health insurance plans for a given state.

A sales message is expected, however it can't be the dominant theme of the page.

Your page with links to the provider lists must be no more than 2 clicks away from the home page of the site.

This is first come first serve. That means only one entry per state unless the previous entries are not comprehensive.

You may want to use text similar to the following when linking back to my page:

If you live outside of the area we service you will find a <a href="http://cheaper-insurance-online.com/insurance-information/medical/list-of-doctors.htm">Lists of Doctors &amp; Hospitals in US Private Health Insurance Networks</a>.

The link back to my page can be anywhere on the page. We're not looking to steal your clients, the link is for the search engines to read, not your prospective clients.

I reserve the right to modify text or delete entries at my sole discretion. Also I will remove the link of any site that removes the link back to my site.

Examples of pages with provider list information:

Lists of Doctors for Connecticut individual health insurance

Hospital List for Connecticut

Last edited:
But what if we are not Doctors?

I'm looking to trade links with agents. This should help all of us who participate improve our site rankings.

All you need to do is:
  1. Create a web page on your site that has links to the provider lists for your state
  2. Link back to
    Lists of Doctors: Provider Lists for Private Health Insurance Plans from that page
  3. PM me with:

• Your Name
  • Business phone number,
  • URL of your provider list page
  • One-line slogan or sales message
I will link back to your new page, and add your information the page below:
List of Doctors

Creating a provider list page on your site should help you with or without the link exchange. I get a lot of hits from my provider page. Your potential clients will appreciate the page as well.

Free SEO Consultation
Anyone who participates (can take constructive criticism) can PM me to request 30 minutes of SEO consultation from me. I'll spend 30 minutes looking at your site and typing up an email with suggestions.

The email won't be a teaser. I don't have an SEO product or service to sell, but I'd be willing to share some of the ideas that have helped me.

Back Link Value
The page is new and I've just started promoting the site. However, over the next few months it will be promoted using at least $1,000 and various SEO strategies that have worked for my other sites. It should help the ranking of any site that has its link on it.

Your Link Placement and Formatting
You can see how your information will look by checking under the Connecticut sub-heading. This is the my home state.

Other Information
I will only link to pages that are focused on the provider lists of the individual health insurance plans for a given state.

A sales message is expected, however it can't be the dominant theme of the page.

Your page with links to the provider lists must be no more than 2 clicks away from the home page of the site.

This is first come first serve. That means only one entry per state unless the previous entries are not comprehensive.

You may want to use text similar to the following when linking back to my page:

If you live outside of the area we service you will find a <a href="http://cheaper-insurance-online.com/insurance-information/medical/list-of-doctors.htm">Lists of Doctors &amp; Hospitals in US Private Health Insurance Networks</a>.

The link back to my page can be anywhere on the page. We're not looking to steal your clients, the link is for the search engines to read, not your prospective clients.

I reserve the right to modify text or delete entries at my sole discretion. Also I will remove the link of any site that removes the link back to my site.

Examples of pages with provider list information:

Lists of Doctors for Connecticut individual health insurance

Hospital List for Connecticut

Hey Alston,
This sounds like a great idea. I agree that linking to other agents sites this way can help us all. I'll send you my new page to review.

Bill

That's great! I've got the site into some quality directories already.

I'll give you some SEO tips for your site by PM shortly.

Hey Alston,

I appreciate your idea, but just a thought. I have been studying SEO a lot over the past couple months (to prove it, my page is on the first page of google for key word "medicare advantage leads" -- medicareadvantageleadsnow.com -- after only being up about 3 weeks).

The current thinking is that "link exchanges" a link from someone you are also linking to will actually hurt your ranking rather than help it. You definitely want links to be relevant (meaning the link is coming from a site that is similar in substance and purpose). Just some thoughts.

Tony

The current thinking is that "link exchanges" a link from someone you are also linking to will actually hurt your ranking rather than help it. You definitely want links to be relevant (meaning the link is coming from a site that is similar in substance and purpose). Just some thoughts.

Tony

That is exactly why this will work so well! The sites that will link in will be hand screened insurance-related sites and site itself is insurance-related. This is not a typical link trading page. This site is actively promoted and soon will have many more links coming in than going out.

By the way, the site that supports my agency https://1800insuranceCT.com has top rankings on Google and MSN for "Connecticut Health Insurance", "Connecticut medical insurance", "Connecticut Blue Cross" and several other competitive phrases.

I also have other insurance-related sites that are ranked well for other phrases I target. Some of those sites will also link to this page.

The goal is to make this a truly useful page that will have links to individual health insurance provider lists for every state. Once that goal is achieved, I'll push to get one-way links from bloggers and others who are looking for resources for their readers. This will increase the link pop without increasing the number of outgoing links. This should increase traffic for all participants.

Last edited:
This is actually a great idea! I already get quite a few leads directly from my website, this will only improve that!

I'm sending you my info as we speak Alston!

Ah yes, now I see what you mean. I think it will work.

TJ

Cool.

I hope that you will participate.

Several forum members have contacted me already to express interest and to reserve their state.

Let me know if you want to be added to the site.

Alston:

This can only help. While I'd like to reserve 49 states (you can have CT), let's just shoot for California.

I'll get the link going ASAP.

Rick

Back