SEO - For Insurance Agents

LTCAdvisor,

You've got a great site, and kudos for getting on page one for such a competitive term. You just went to legendary status in my book.

Thanks. I think it is more a case of being lucky than good.

Well, how do I move up 4-5 spots on Page 1?
Without getting penalized by Google.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The only good way to have a site rank well is to have well-written, regular content, targeted towards the keywords that your site wishes to rank for.

Tom, I visited your website and must say your website has completely inaccurate information regarding long term care insurance policies.

If you wish to update your LTC page to communicate an accurate message to visitors I can help you understand your misstatements.

Last edited:
what do u mean? i dont follow

I guess I am asking what is typically done to move up a few spots? Does it mean that I would have to risk being penalized by google? If so then I wouldn't want to take a risk. But are you saying that by not taking a risk, someone else will push its site really hard and thus I will be inevitably passed?

I know of two sites that got hit very hard by Penguin, and they have resorted to PPC out of pure panic because traffic disappeared overnight. That would really suck.

I would rather be under the radar and just be in business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
btw how much are ltc leads going for?

I don't follow. What do you mean? I would never sell my leads. I try to write LTC insurance for them.

Are you asking me what a lead vendor would sell an LTC lead for?

Last edited:
I guess I am asking what is typically done to move up a few spots? Does it mean that I would have to risk being penalized by google? If so then I wouldn't want to take a risk. But are you saying that by not taking a risk, someone else will push its site really hard and thus I will be inevitably passed?

That is the shape of things.

Usually when a site gets "penalized", it's because they were either pushing too hard altogether or pushing on one thing entirely too hard. It's not always a penalty either. Sometimes google just decides it wants a different type of profile for it's search results so you'll see high quality sites drop just because they're not hitting the metrics of the new algorithm. That doesn't necessarily mean there was a penalty involved, it just might not be what google wants anymore. For example, a lot of exact match domains (EMD) used to do very well two years ago, but an exact match domain isn't a slam dunk anymore. That's great news for us folks that are getting started on the internet game "late" because it means if we create a quality site we can beat out big name .com sites.

If you do push on a site too hard too fast it will throw up flags, but if you have a nice mix of conservative tactics you can give your site a gentle or firm nudge without risking anything. Think of it like an investment portfolio and risk tolerance. If you want to double your money ever six weeks you're going to have to take some risky investments, but that doesn't mean all investments are risky.

If you want to rank you have to break the rules.

I don't follow. What do you mean? I would never sell my leads. I try to write LTC insurance for them.

Are you asking me what a lead vendor would sell an LTC lead for?

I meant how much would a LTC agent be willing to pay for organic ltc leads. EX. I have a partnership with a health agency. that I generate exclusive leads for.

Back