SEO for Insurance Websites

No, I'm not kidding. I'm totally recommending you to start a rap show middle of a mall and using that as a weapon to advertise your domain.

Whether your posts point was to state I'm kidding or to call me a fing clown, I don't really get the purpose of either of those.
The mall is a good suggestion. Anything cheaper?

Wanted to share a comprehensive article that was posted on Entrepreneur.com about SEO. The article covers finding the right vendor, DIY tactics and the unpredictable nature of best practices for SEO. Definitely a great starting point for anyone considering a third party or going it alone.

Still working my way to 10 posts so i can't include the link but visit the site and search for, "What you don't know about SEO." Much has been stated here already but there's some valuable links and tools listed as well.

Wanted to share a comprehensive article that was posted on Entrepreneur.com about SEO. The article covers finding the right vendor, DIY tactics and the unpredictable nature of best practices for SEO. Definitely a great starting point for anyone considering a third party or going it alone.

Still working my way to 10 posts so i can't include the link but visit the site and search for, "What you don't know about SEO." Much has been stated here already but there's some valuable links and tools listed as well.
I might need consider the link to learn new tactics. Good thing you're here :)

A great website for SEO tips in general is Hubspot. They are a vendor, but their blog and news page have a ton of useful tips and articles.

I DON'T work for Hubsot in any way, but glad to help.

If anyone is interested, here are a few tips and points for SEO and driving traffic to your insurance website.

1. It is a myth that you cannot rank well and get decent traffic to your site just because the big boys spend millions on SEO. It is very possible to drive enough traffic to your website to supplement or even make an entire living off of. This myth mentality is harmful because it discourages you from getting started and plugging away.

2. Before you get started with offsite seo such as link building/blog commenting/social networking etc... you MUST do a good job with your onsite SEO. This means having the correct title tags, H1 and H2 tags, having a strong meta description (Not meta tags, but description), having some decent keyword density for your search terms and having lots of content. This is the best way (Aside from content) that you indicate to the search engines exactly what your site is about.

3. The single best thing you can do for your website is to have a blog on a subdomain of the website that you write consistently on. Wordpress will allow you to redirect for 10 or 15 bucks a year and you can have a blog at

I think that this is very good information complied into one place. THANKS ALOT. :)

Back