SEO for Insurance Websites

thanks for all the info, really great !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i agree with you motoxxx

Last edited:
You shouldn't necessarily buy an old domain name. Yes, old domains have more google weight but so do names containing the keywords. The ideal is an old name with the keywords, which will be expensive. Note though, if you start at site from scratch with a new domain it could take you 6 months to get anywhere. It really depends how much time you have.

As someone whose entire income is derived from SEO and organic search insurance lead gen, I agree with most of the above and find it to be a nice summary. I might nitpick a few minor points, but if you follow this general advice you won't go wrong. It will take some time.

If I could offer one more, very important tip... If you have an old domain name with some content on it that you don't like and are choosing between it and some new domain name that you are in love with - Choose the old one.. at least for now until you get some rankings. You can always do what is called a 301 redirect from the old one to the new one down the road. But, domain/site age is an important ranking factor with older being better. So it's always better to use whatever advantage you have at the start, and that old domain/site is one advantage you have. Don't throw it away.

VERY good point, imo, many that most never think of. However, it's important to understand that it does take sometime for link juice to pass.

There has been some great tips offered here! Here is my formula for SEO success that I've used for my clients:

1) Press releases submitted to PR sites that offer text links. This article lists press release sites that allow "do follow" links:
Press Release Marketing Domination

2) Article marketing - write informative articles and submit to do-follow article directories like EzineArticles and GoArticles (These are my favorite directories). Include keyword links.

3) Blog posts - Some of you have mentioned Wordpress blogs. This is also my favorite blogging platform as Google loves indexing Wordpress blogs. I also use Blogger as well.

4) Social Bookmarking - I submit sites and pages to Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Twine, etc.

Good work ............this information is very useful.But i know only one thing that if you want your website at top rank in google or yahoo search engines then you must need SEO.

The problem is finding someone to outsource the SEO to. Are they doing what they said they would, and if so, is it what needs to be done to achieve the results you are looking for?

Back