SEO for Insurance Websites

What is the best way to make multiple websites? I want to make a website for the sourrounding cities in my area. I want people to go to these sites and get a real time quote. I want to target key words for each city like post falls insurance, spokane insurance ect... Can I just copy my site and make a different url for each city, targeting that cities keywords? Or is there a better way to do it? Also, will it matter if the websites have the same content?
It will. All of them will fail because of plagiarism.

If you just copy your content, only one site will rank.

You don't necessarily need to have multiple websites. The name of the website is just one of many variables that Google uses to determine what a page is about.

You can simply add pages to your main site that target each of the different cities. This will make content creation easier because Google will give you more latitude when you "steal" from yourself.

If you sell shoes, for example you might be expected to have many pages that are very similar except for the information that is unique to each shoe.

If all of these similar pages are within the same website, Google is less likely to penalize the pages. However, if you start a second website and just clone the first don't expect the second one to rank unless you make major changes to the content.

You can't create a bunch of pages that are the same except for a few words whether they are on the same site or not. But you do have more latitude when they are on the same domain.

If you create separate domains for each city, you will be held to a higher standard with regard to creating unique content for each site and will have do much more link building than you would need to do if you had just one big site. Google likes big sites.

Ten sites with 100 links and 100 pages will probably not generate as much traffic as one site with 1,000 links and 1,000 pages.

hummm....do a search for "texas life insurance rates".....seems I have a site page on pages 1 through 4 and my health site on page 6 as well as a video on page 3 titled Donnie Wahlberg on Texas Life Insurance rates ........ so you might be right but does not hurt.....

You don't necessarily need to have multiple websites. The name of the website is just one of many variables that Google uses to determine what a page is about.

Does having backlinks on as many different forums help your websites SEO?

I've seen a lot of SEO spam bots lately on other forums, that post just trash to try and get their link on any forum they can. Does this really help or work?

Yes....but only if it is a follow link.......

Does having backlinks on as many different forums help your websites SEO?

I've seen a lot of SEO spam bots lately on other forums, that post just trash to try and get their link on any forum they can. Does this really help or work?

hummm....do a search for "texas life insurance rates".....seems I have a site page on pages 1 through 4 and my health site on page 6 as well as a video on page 3 titled Donnie Wahlberg on Texas Life Insurance rates ........ so you might be right but does not hurt.....

I don't disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with having several sites that compete for the same keywords.

I'm just saying that it is a lot more work and probably not recommended for newbies.

Based on the question and the way it was asked, it sounded like the questioner was not a veteran.

If you spread yourself too thin, you wind up with four sites that generate zero traffic all instead of one that does.

If you're asking that question it will be a great way for you to lose a ton of money really quickly.

Back