SEO for Insurance Websites

What is the best way to make multiple websites? I want to make a website for the sourrounding cities in my area. I want people to go to these sites and get a real time quote. I want to target key words for each city like post falls insurance, spokane insurance ect... Can I just copy my site and make a different url for each city, targeting that cities keywords? Or is there a better way to do it? Also, will it matter if the websites have the same content?

creating seperate sites would actually be a waste of time and resources. Created a site called washingtoninsurance.whatever/nameofcity would be a better way to utilize backlinks. PS I've done this, dont expect much traffic. A medium size town (less than 500k) wont get many hits.

Yes, Google Ads is terrible. Even Google had stopped doing it somewhat. But there are all kinds of options: backlinking, sms marketing, hitting up blogs. If there's a social media for it, you can pretty much drum up some business on it.

I'll bite- Why are google ads terrible?

It's not that they're terrible, per se, but understand that if you're bidding ppc that you are putting an ad up to compete with people that are remonetizing traffic. In my state 'tennessee health insurance quote' usually runs 20 bucks a click. If you got a 40% conversion on your form and closed 20% of those that is over $200 to put a case on the books.

The reason the ads are bid up so high is because if instead of maybe selling insurance you are definitely reselling data 4-10 times for 5-10 dollars, paying 40$ to resell data for 10% markup or better works out.

So lead companies push up the ppc price and push down the closing ratios while they try to eat the spread.

It's not that google or any other ppc is bad, it's that you cannot compete with the companies pushing up the cost because they've put the roi up to an unworkable level.

If I could buy ppc from google at 6$ I would do it all day.

I realize this thread was started in 2008 but I can tell you for sure, because I have several sites ranking for very competitive commercial financing keywords that headings barely matter anymore.

I'm in the process of setting up a website-geared to Medicare. For the next many months, I will be relying on two items to drive some traffic- Google ads and Google Places. Once website is slightly established, will try the SEO route. Just hoping for the website to be a (small) piece of my prospecting.
Ads- Cost about $2-$4 PC
Places- Seems like a great way to get high up on 1st page.
Thoughts?

Back