SEO for Insurance Websites

SEO companies that promise to get your 1st page rankings immediately do so by taking an obscure seldom used keyword, then become the top bidder for that keyword, and try to impress you with doing a search for that word, and showing you the ad at the top of a google, or yahoo search.

LOL, that's not a SEO. SEO is organic search and what you described here is Pay Per Click "strategy" of dodgy firms...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, I really wish I knew which members worked at DMOZ so I could tell them to review my site! I've again been trying to submit there several times with no luck. A lot of people I know are saying that it's really not worth the effort and it's better to get listed in more, less complicated directories that are free.
Don't expect prompt responses from free directories. DMOZ has very big reputation for Google, so it's important to be there. But there is no rush for them to review every site as soon as possible. So the best advice - submit it and forget it. After 3-4 months if it's still not on the DMOZ submit another time and forget it. And so on... Don't submit it every day, it won't help and might be even worse as you will piss off the editor.
The fastest way to get on DMOZ is to know editor :)

Last edited:
That is good information

I am getting ready to start a new blog because I need to the content.

Good post

I've been blogging for over a year now. While you will get traffic it doesn't mean you'll get quotes or business.
You'll get a lot of not-targeted traffic. I actually just posted a video on my insurancemarketingonline.net/blog that shows the analytic between a couple of my websites. 2 traditional natural websites, a blog and one of my sites I use for PPC only. That url will skip you past the opt-in page. If you like what's there please opt-in and get updates as I post more training videos.

While I like free traffic and do what I can to find great free lead sources and ways to drive traffice, PPC is a much faster and almost guaranteed way to go. I use the results from the PPC campaigns to start targetign for natural SEO and long-tail keywords.

While blogging is great I don't think it's the panacea everyone raves about. however, it's a lot of fun.

Random traffic doesn't convert well for people looking for insurance from my experience. The key to any success is getting very tightly targeted traffic to your site, then talking to the site visitor (with your website) exactly how they were searching for you, then causing them to take the action you want them to take with your website.

My top website earned me over 6 figures this past year with less than 2,000 unique visitors a month and none of it came from blogging.

Back