SEO for Insurance Websites

Dave, what is your opinion of this article:

SEOmoz | 5 Reasons You Should Link Out to Others From Your Website

Also, this is what some of the leading SEO professionals say about this issue (linking out to sites). What is your response?

Ben Pfeiffer

Yes, quite important for newer sites. Great things happen to those that share in the same group.​

Aaron Wall

Your outbound links help define what community your site belongs in.​

Michael Gray

linking out to relevant trusted pages can be big help.​

Lucas Ng (aka shor)

Let's look at a link neighbourhood - hmm... XYZ real estate website has zero outbound links and the majority of its neighbours have at least 200? Consider yourself flagged for an unnatural linking pattern :)
Marcus Tandler

Your outbound links are almost equally important then your inbound links
Chris Boggs

This seems to have risen in value over the last year.​

Rae Hoffman

Who you link to says a lot about who you are and what your topic is - especially in an engine like Google.​

What is my response? Same as it was before. Since you offer SEO services I see, What is your response?

What is my response? Same as it was before. Since you offer SEO services I see, What is your response?

Well, I admit, I'm new to SEO so I'm far from having all the answers. I think for now, I'm going to try linking out to a few authoritative sites like Insurance Information Institute or the DMV sites and see if it helps. I would think that maybe it would help Google know what my site is about (kind of like that guy mentioned in the article). I see their point becuase if you Google "insurance information", you get iii.org as the first result. So if I have a link to them, along with a few other sites in that category, I can see how it would tell the search engines what I'm related to.

Again, just speculating. I could be wrong. I think this is one of the great grey areas in SEO so I love hearing about the experience of others.

I told dave just yesterday about a site that was above me and everyone else. he was position one on google for all major search terms. Yesterday he got wacked with by google and when u clicked on his site a mesg came up that said.... "warning, this site may harm your cpu"...... today the site has vanished... sent to the federal prision for google law breakers....

goofy seo tricks must be a good thing... NO?

long live dave miller

MSN places more weight on keyword targeted domains than Google does as they mostly consider things such as external link power, site age, visitor duration etc.
This is true but I have found that with a lot of longer tail searches in Google that if I can buy an exact match keyword domain name ending in .com then the domain will rank on page 1 almost immediately even with little marketing.

Here are my steps for SEO... simple... not easy to do though
1) quality backlinks from relevant web sites
2) use anchortext in links for the keywords that you want to rank hight for
3) seo friendly webdesign, including seo friendly url's
4) easy way to add, update and syndicate content

Here are my steps for SEO... simple... not easy to do though
1) quality backlinks from relevant web sites
2) use anchortext in links for the keywords that you want to rank hight for
3) seo friendly webdesign, including seo friendly url's
4) easy way to add, update and syndicate content

#1 is the most important and most difficult thing for SEO. I'd add a 5th that's very easy to do and can make a huge impact:

5) Keywords in TITLE tag

Back