Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites

Reply to The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes     
Old 01-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #11
Guru
Justin Bilyj on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes Re: The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes
Writing content for the financial field can be extremely challenging, especially since Google's EAT requirements for YMYL subjects, since they affect consumers more than other types of content.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

Old 03-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #12
Expert

State: Cameron Lane is an Insurance Agent from
The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes Re: The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes
How can you guys write so fast? Most of the time it takes 3-4 hours to write an average 1000 words article for me.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
Guru
goillini52 on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by Cameron Lane View Post
How can you guys write so fast? Most of the time it takes 3-4 hours to write an average 1000 words article for me.

You need to learn to type with at least 2 fingers, then you can type twice as fast.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:54 AM   #14
Guru
Bevo on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: Bevo is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Use voice recognition software. It's in Windows 7 and I'm sure others. If you can't type fast, they just "say" your content. You can bang out 1000 word articles easily in 10 minutes (provided you have the knowledge in your head).

I outsource everything and have for years, but when you're just starting out or every dime counts and you're writing your own, you need to find ways to do things as quickly as possible.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #15
Guru

State: FL P&C Broker is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I outsource everything and have for years, but when you're just starting out or every dime counts and you're writing your own, you need to find ways to do things as quickly as possible.
You have any good sources for content writing services? I have used a couple over the years and have never been that satisfied.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:35 AM   #16
Guru
Justin Bilyj on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I hate to say it, but even looking at Dan Kennedy's multi thousand dollar courses, all the spinning/writing softwares, the cheap foreign writers - none of them seem to be able to make the content flow.

Here are 15 things to take into consideration when writing your own content:
1. Sources to use and quote
2. Title
3. Meta Descriptions to invite click through
4. H1's,H2's, and H3's
5. Multiple sections broken up by tantalizing headers
6. Bulleted lists
7. Entertaining but relevant pictures
8. Captivating stats
9. Opening the article
10. Closing the article
11. Researching keywords
12. Placement of keywords
13. Grammar editing
14. Copywriting editing
15. Formatting

All of these things need to be considered when writing content whether it's blog posts or web-copy/landing pages - and unfortunately without a ton of time spent writing (who has time for that) and having someone edit and point out reoccurring mistakes, it can be extremely challenging to write content and then repurpose or syndicate it.

My biggest recommendation is CopyHackers - their 10x landing pages course is one of the top copywriting resources out there and Jessica Weibe's books are a great foundation.

Then I would go back to the classics of copywriting - Ogilvy...
Old 03-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #17
Guru
Bevo on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: Bevo is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Originally Posted by FL P&C Broker View Post
You have any good sources for content writing services? I have used a couple over the years and have never been that satisfied.
You can try Text broker, might take a few tries to find a good fit and when you do try to lock them in. I haven't used them in a while though.

My personal writers are all booked up.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
Guru
ltcadviser on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: ltcadviser is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
ltcadviser is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I agree. And I am lucky to find time to write 3 new posts per year.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #19
Expert

State: Cameron Lane is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post
You need to learn to type with at least 2 fingers, then you can type twice as fast.
Ha ha. My wpm is 50 and I am not too slow in typing. But there is not only typing. There are some other technical sides. Like people need to reach what are you writing about. I think you got the point.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #20
Guru
goillini52 on The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Ha ha. My wpm is 50 and I am not too slow in typing. But there is not only typing. There are some other technical sides. Like people need to reach what are you writing about. I think you got the point.

Yes, I was kidding...I'm a 2 fingered typer myself.
Reply to The Secret To Writing Your OWN Content In Under 30 Minutes 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites