Security

scagnt83

Worldwide Expert of Everything
5000 Post Club
Ok. I use wordpress and run the plugin "Wordfence Security".

It seems to be good I guess, has a firewall, runs scans, etc., etc., etc.

It also tracks all traffic and logins.

I went to logins and found a bunch of failed attempts under the user name "admin" (there is no such username on my site)

Most all of the failed attempts where from overseas. To be exact the Ukraine, Latvia, Germany, one from China, & a couple of anonymous proxys.

The fact that they failed is good obviously. But should I be worried?

Im guessing these are just guys attempting generic usrnames along with generic passwords. I have blocked their IPs. But they can always bypass by a proxy server if they really wanted to.

Do I have the right mindset? Should I be worried?

People are always going to get into your site. Proxies are a finite resource (most have to pay for them) so if you have it lock out after a specific time period you should be in good shape. That's nothing compared to the interest folks have in cracking my dialer in the interest of extracting the dial plan and killing my funds.

You're always going to get folks looking for it, just keep things set the way you do now and you'll be fine. The only time you may run into a problem is if someone has taken a real interest in your site and wants to commit time and resources to attacking it. Everyone is getting attacked, just most don't realize it like you do.

Latest posts

Back