Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites

Reply to Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!     
Old 05-27-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
Guru
Justin Bilyj on Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Share Your Website's Content On Reddit! Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!

Reddit, as they say, is the front page news of the internet. Done right, posting on this site can funnel traffic to your website, increasing:

1. Optins
2. Leads
3. Buyers

Well for insurance agents the hardest part posting on reddit is:
1. Our content is niche and doesn't appeal to the mass market except when they're actively searching for it - so just sharing the articles on popular or trendy subreddits doesn't garner the attention most agents hoped it would.
2. Most mods from most subreddits don't take kindly to agents promoting their own content
3. Mods in r/insurance are extremely hostile to agents advising consumers, quick to jump down anyone's throat calling them spammers.

So what I did was create a subreddit just for insurance agents to share their content. You never know when this content may help consumers searching on Reddit for answers to their questions - and sometimes consumers don't want to post their questions on Reddit for fearing trolls and ridicule, which is why there's a ton of lurkers/readers on Reddit.

Also, submitting your content to Reddit gives your site a no-follow link. If you get enough people to upvote your content, it turns into a more helpful backlink for your website (do-follow), here's Josh McDonald's advice to turn no-follow links into do-follow links:

Reddit for SEO: How to turn your nofollow...

The rules are simple for this subreddit: make sure your content is helpful either to agents or consumers, and don't submit garbage.

If you'r scratching your head because you're unfamiliar with the site, check out these helpful quick guides:

Advanced Reddit SEO Guide 2017
Reddit Content Marketing
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!

Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Share Your Website's Content On Reddit! Re: Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!
Great idea Justin. I will try to look over it and add some sites over the next few days. Ive been redesigning my sites and am almost finished. Will be making a big marketing push over the next few weeks so this is perfect timing for me.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Share Your Website's Content On Reddit!
Good stuff. I'll check it out. No down votes on any of my posts from you guys.......
Reply to Share Your Website's Content On Reddit! 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Insurance Websites