Should Life Agents have a website?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I was talking to some agents about having a website to help them sell more insurance and look more professional. What are some things that you think, an agent should have on their website?

I believe all agents should have a website. I've been using door hangers, and since I've started adding my website to them, my sales are increasing. But I want to see there is just something that every agents website needs to have to increase sales.

Rosenthal Financial Services, LLC.
Marion Prosper Insurance Company <-- this is what I've come up with so far. What else can I add to it? Is there something that you don't like. I've not published the website yet, and I want to make sure the text and pages are going to impress clients.

Last edited:
Damn, I fall for this crap every time.

Here I thought you were looking for helpful suggestions.

Didn't know you were just trolling for customers.

I'm not looking for customers. I need to know what all to put on a website that an agent needs to have to produce more business.

I have tons of subagents and I'm trying to find things to put on their webpages that would help them increase their sales.

Of course when they write more business, I can make more money and it can help me on my own website.

I want to have many people's opinion on what to have on an agents website, so that I know what to tell the agents to put on their website.

You have 6 links underneath your name. Now who is looking for customers?

Go back and reread what I wrote. I was talking to some agents about having a website. I want to know what are things that most agents put on their websites, in case I'm missing anything. Of couse I know about the page where they can request more info. A page about yourself and your services. I just don't want to miss anything.

I'm not looking for customers. I need to know what all to put on a website that an agent needs to have to produce more business.

I have tons of subagents and I'm trying to find things to put on their webpages that would help them increase their sales.

Of course when they write more business, I can make more money and it can help me on my own website.

I want to have many people's opinion on what to have on an agents website, so that I know what to tell the agents to put on their website.

You have 6 links underneath your name. Now who is looking for customers?

Go back and reread what I wrote. I was talking to some agents about having a website. I want to know what are things that most agents put on their websites, in case I'm missing anything. Of couse I know about the page where they can request more info. A page about yourself and your services. I just don't want to miss anything.

Me

700 plus posts, if you count the old forum. 6 links for SEO purposes only.

No hidden agenda

You

16 posts.

12 of them trolling for customers.

OK, Mark, it's a nice looking site with plenty of family appeal.

I wonder how the "Quick Quote" feature would ever work when it also has "best time to call you."

I'm guessing most net surfers would stop at that point.

OK, Mark, it's a nice looking site with plenty of family appeal.

I wonder how the "Quick Quote" feature would ever work when it also has "best time to call you."

I'm guessing most net surfers would stop at that point.

The quick quote part would be where you fill it out and I call you back with the info and/or email you back. I'm wanting to make an appointment to come and see them and bring them the quote.

It also gives me a head up, about the client before I call them.

My question now would be. Do most clients surfing the web just want a quote without talking to the agent over the phone or about the coverage?

Thanks for you response

Do most clients surfing the web just want a quote without talking to the agent over the phone or about the coverage?

I'm trying to picture people pushing a button that says "I want a life insurance agent to call me. Or better yet, drop by my house."

Some sites pay for a quote engine that gets people interested with specifics before the next step.

I'm dealing with these issues myself. At the very least, since quote engines tend to be expensive, I would say "Nobody will call you. We will respond by email only."

But that is just me. I'm fairly new to the insurance business so I have the advantage of remembering how far out of the way I would go to not have to talk to anyone remotely associated with insurance sales.

If someone posts the question: Should I have a website?

The simple answer: if you want to use the internet to find new clients

The key is SEO.

All you have to do is google SEO and do about ten hours of reading and studying other websites that rank highly on Google. It took me awhile to figure it out but it comes to you the more you study it.

Random thoughts about the website...Good content. But many trite phrases and not grammatically-optimized.

Good rule of thumb. Don't print the way you talk.

Just my sixth sense...

I approved this post and also used spellcheck.

Back